Dual Boot with Windows 10

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2014 MacBook Pro 13" 128 Flash and 8 GB Ram, IPad Air 2 64 GB, IPhone 6 64 GB
I need Windows for school applications, mainly Microsoft Office. I was wondering if many other users have done this?

Reaction score
MS Office

I need Windows for school applications, mainly Microsoft Office. I was wondering if many other users have done this?

You can create a dual boot running Windows on your Mac with Bootcamp Assistant or run MS Office on your Mac. As long as your versions don't differ much between the current Mac version and the current Windows version I haven't run into any compatibility problems between the two in sharing documents.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If Office is all you need consider investing in Office 2016 for Mac. Maybe your school takes part in the MS Education Licensing?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2014 MacBook Pro 13" 128 Flash and 8 GB Ram, IPad Air 2 64 GB, IPhone 6 64 GB
I need Microsoft Access which isn't offered in Office 2011 for Mac. Hopefully the 2016 version has it. BTW thanks for your replies.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The 2016 Mac Office does not include Access or Publisher. You will have to purchase the Windows version to get Access and or Publisher. The Windows version is superior to the Mac version and is probably what you should use anyway.

M

MacInWin

You can also run W10 as a virtual system (not dual boot) using either Parallels or VMWare. There are also virtualizers that you can configure to run one application, but I don't know how well they work with Office.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.