Does apple do a good job with iPhone battery replacement?

Reaction score
I have an iPhone X and it's about 3.5 years old. Runs great. After iOS 15 my battery health went from 96% to 89%šŸ„“ the system files took up 30gb too. I got the system files figured out and back to 16gb total space used.
So when do you ( what percentage) send in for battery replacement ? Are they still water resistant when you get them back

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Welcome to the forum.

If Apple repairs your phone, it should be in the same condition as when you sent it in. So, if water resistant now, it should be resistant when you get it back from Apple.

As for when to replace the battery, I would suggest that as long as it meets your needs, there is no reason to do anything. When you cannot get through YOUR day, or YOUR operations with it lasting all the way, then it would be time to get it replaced. But 89% is, IMHO, still pretty good for most users. But YOU are not "most users," you are YOU, so it's up to you.

Reaction score
I have an iPhone X and it's about 3.5 years old. Runs great. After iOS 15 my battery health went from 96% to 89%šŸ„“ the system files took up 30gb too. I got the system files figured out and back to 16gb total space used.
So when do you ( what percentage) send in for battery replacement ? Are they still water resistant when you get them back
Download the free utility Coconut Battery:

When your phone's battery is down to only 80% of design capacity, it's time to replace it. Apple uses the same exact metric for battery replacement.

Replacing your iPhone's battery isn't hard if you have the right tools and a bit of experience. The problem is that Apple charges $85 to do the job and may take half the day to get around to doing it. I didn't want to wait, so I took my iPhone to a third party kiosk in the mall just outside the Apple Store. They did the replacement immediately while I waited. They let me watch, and about 5 minutes (!) later it was done. And, get this, they only charged me $35 !!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.