Desk LED Controller Software

Reaction score
Hello,

I have RGB LED strips underneath my desk and behind my monitors that I would like to control using software on my iMac. I do have a windows virtual machine running on my mac that can be used to control the LED's but I prefer to control them using MacOS software. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to control my LED's?

Regards

Charl

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
How do you control the LEDs? What is the interface? What application do you use on Windows? Not nearly enough information for us to go on.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hello Ashwin,

At this moment I am using an old IR RGB Controller but the controller is no longer functioning properly and would like to upgrade to a more modern way of controlling the LED's. I have tried many different google searches but only come up with equipment such as the Master Cooler RGB LED Controller, but that is designed for Microsoft based computers and needs to be connected to a USB Header on the motherboard. If that can connect to one of the external USB ports on my iMac and connect to the software on the virtual machine it could also work but I can't find anyone who has connected the Cooler Master RGB LED Controller to the external USB of a computer. I have added the link to the controller previously mentioned.

RGB LED Controller | Cooler Master

Regards

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The Cooler Master controller seems very specific to their fans and is managed by the Windows-based software so that's going to be limiting. If you do manage to get it connected, the USB port of the Mac can indeed be accessed by Windows running in a Virtual Machine. With VirtualBox, it's a little less intuitive how to do it, but with Parallels or VMWare Fusion, when the VM is running and you connect the controller, you will get a prompt asking you who should see/control that device and you can make that decision permanent.

Sorry, can't provide more help than this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.