• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

CRM Software Questions

Reaction score
Hello all!

I have a question for everyone regarding CRM software... Specifically confusion with pricing... I understand software can be as arbitrarily priced as the company producing it wants it to be but am confused about pricing for replacing our current software.

Right now this company uses Sage Act 2012 for managing our customer contact information, tracking sales calls, emails, conventions, etc. We use EFI Logic to manage almost our entire business. We use it to manage POs, accounting information, job information (we are a job shop), shipping information, track employee time, and more. Both of these are outdated and we are researching a replacement, ideally one program to replace both.

Before I started here my manager had reached out to a handful of companies to get some basic quotes for what it would cost for their software. Specifically, she liked what she saw from CRC, their software Nucleus. She said she likes what they offer, and the functionality and has enjoyed speaking with them. The price quote they gave us was around 70k https://www.findmycrm.com/industries/crm-for-manufacturers, however, the other companies she spoke with were quoting in the neighborhood of 300k. This drastic difference in pricing raises concern, especially in regards to is the price truly a reflection of quality.

Last edited:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You are very much in the wrong place for this question.

My company uses Salesforce as our CRM to manage all aspects of the business and Netsuite as the GL to manage finance.

The way you approach this topic is to list out all of your requirements/functionalities and any future things you want. You then take that to the vendors in this space and have them respond, give you demos and so on and you then make your decision based on best fit from functionality and price.

Pricing is variable and by design. If you compare two vendors that offer similar functionality and serve similar customers, the pricing should be similar. You can't compare a newcomer to CRM space to Salesforce or Hubspot. They're just more expensive since they serve customers of all sizes, especially enterprise.

Reaction score
This drastic difference in pricing raises concern, especially in regards to is the price truly a reflection of quality.

This comes up a lot. The problem is that "CRM software" isn't a homogeneous thing, so you can't easily compare two or three software packages to each other. You have to look at a bunch of offerings, ask about their features, and narrow things down to meet your company's individual needs (industry, number of users, hosting, etc.), and then you can compare what you have left.

That said, have a look at:

InfusionSoft (seems to be the leader in this category)

ActiveCampaign

Gro Crm (Web based but Macintosh specific)
grocrm (outdated link removed)

Cloze

SpinOffice

Espo

If you can't find a winner among the above, let me know. I have a list of about 20 products in this category. The above are simply those that I've heard some users rave about.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.