• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Creativity under Coronavirus lockdown

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
Listening on catch-up to 'A Night Out At The Musicals on BBC Scotland's Jazz Nights first broadcast 3 May, I was amazed to listen to the show host, Seonaid (pronounced Shona) Aitken sing 'Come Rain or Come Shine' from her home in Glasgow, accompanied by Richard Michael at home 60 miles away in Kirkcaldy. The creativity displayed during these strange times is astonishing.

Thinking about this I mused on 2 issues on TV broadcasts, both related to delays. One is when, for example, a News presenter asks somebody out in the field a question you see the latter pause for about 20 seconds before answering. The second has occurred during the Coronavirus lockdown when the image of somebody participating in a broadcast remotely is out of sync with their voice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Yes, we've seen many creative endeavors linking people electronically. And of course, the out-of-sync audio and video bug has been around a long time, as well as delays in responses on live TV. Not everything is instantaneous, which makes coordinated performances all the more amazing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Audio is very different to video. Much more data being transmitted when it is video, compared to audio.

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.