connection to new ISP

Reaction score
First let me clarify that I am not technical in any sense of the word, so please respond accordingly. Thank you

We recently moved to a new town and are now using Cableone as our provider the modem they furnished is an Arris - 7872
I have an ethernet cable run from the modem to my Time Capsule, but am not getting a green light. I only get a blinking yellow.
I have a Mac Mini that has a cable from it to the Time Machine
My wife has an iMac
Both of us have internet access, but it seems to be using the wireless
When I open the AirPort Utility it shows the internet with a green light but the Time Capsule shows a yellow light with a red circle with a 2 in it to the right
when I click on the Time Capsule it has a status of Double Nat

in our old house I always had a green light on the Time Capsule, but the modem there was not wireless.

I have done some searches and it talks about bridging, but I have no idea what that is all about.

Do I have an issue, and would I gain performance if I get this changed?

Like I said, everything is working, but the lack of a green light bothers me.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
You need to change your TC to bridge mode. That will get rid of the double NAT. To do this, select your TC in AirPort Utility and click "Edit". You'll then be able to change to bridge mode.

The 2 stands for 2 problems. The second is likely an available update. Accepting the update should get rid of the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm away from my network at the moment, but just remembered I had this screenshot. It shows you which setting to change.

Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 7.33.45 PM.png

OP
R
Reaction score
Thant did the job. Thank you very much. And it definitely seems to have improved my performance (or it might all be in my head).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No problem. Glad it worked for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.