Connecting 2 Cinema Displays to 13" 2012 MPB (?)

Reaction score
I've done some research online and even got ahold of apple support, but didn't get any definitive answers. Is there any way to connect 2 cinema displays to my MPB (last of the non-retinas) simultaneously?

Both displays are non-thunderbolt, use mini-dvi and only have usb ports on the back. I tried to daisy chain them together via usb, obviously didn't work. I've read that the one other port the MPB has free (firewire) can't send video so that's out.

Does anyone know if there's a mini dvi Y splitter so I can use the one mini dvi output on the laptop for both? I'd prefer to have separate desktops on each monitor rather than one stretched out.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Nope, I don't think ther's a Chance to get that to work. The MBP only got one Thunderbold Connection, so you could connect one display with a Thunderbold/Minidisplayport to dvi Adapter.

If you find a thunderbold to two dvi connectors Adapter, you got a Chance. But I don't think that's a thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.