CD Ripper

Reaction score
Thanks for any suggestions on a CD ripper that can rip my cd's with the following capabilities:
  • can rip to wav and flac audio formats
  • can identify the artist and song title for each track
  • can list the artist and song title for each track after ripping
I'm looking for an alternative to Apple Music because this software only records the song title and not the artist for each audio track. Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA

Check out these and see what fits your need. All rippers should be able to identify the information correctly from the data encoded on the CD and add them to the files they create. MP3 was the format I used to use. I'm sure they can do FLAC now. But WAV is not a good option since that format won't support your 2 next requirements as it can't have any metadata associated with the file. So you want MP3/FLAC/AAC or other encoded audio formats.

Once you've ripped the CD with another software, Apple Music (if it supports the format) should bring in all relevant information.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.