Can't Remember -- flashing question folder

Reaction score
Hi All -- I have a G5 -- Running Snow Leopard -- restarted, white screen w/flashing question folder...

This happened before -- gave the computer a command and it started right up. Can't remember what it was.

it wasn't ctrl-alt-p-r

or

holding the alt key

it was four keys I remember that.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks -- SG

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A G5 can not run Snow Leopard. Verify which machine you have and what operating system it's running.

Resetting the PRAM/NVRAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
That may mean that you have no default startup drive. Hold down the option key while the computer starts up and you should get a drive selection screen. Once you get into OS X go to system preferences -> startup disk, and select the default startup disk

OP
S
Reaction score
Oops -- Someone just had given this computer to me in trade for another...

It is a 2007 Imac 17"widescreen computer... 2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor...

I don't know much about it.

Thanks

OP
S
Reaction score
I tried holding the potion key -- but no selection comes up -- all that comes up is a cursor....I did something last time with four keys and it started right up and everything was there...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Boot and after the chime hold down Command, Option P and R keys all at the same time until you hear the chime for the third time and release. Hopefully it will then boot. This is called Zapping the PRAM.

If that does not work boot from an install disc and run Repair Disk from Disk Utility.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.