Can't Log into Via Rail CAA Membership Booking Engine

krs

Reaction score
I feel a bit weird psting this on a Mac forum, but I have been going around in circles with this with Via Rail support and I'm getting nowhere - possibly because they don't have a Mac for testing.

So I'm wondering if anyone one here has a CAA membership and can try to log into the Via Rail CAA booking portal at CAA | VIA Rail

After entering the CAA membership number and confirming on is a real person, a new window should show up with a "Book Now" button towards the bottom right.

What I get is the same page back again, but now with my CAA membership number at the very top on the left just above the image.
I tried this with Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Brave. Maxthon and Opera - all the same results
Cleared cache several times, no difference
Had Via Rail try it with my CAA Member number - they say it works just fine

I'm sort of at the end of my rope - if I believe what Via Rail tells me, the only two things I can think of that may make a difference is
a.) Me using a Mac (Via doesn't seem to reply to that question), or
b.) Via somehow accessing the site differently since they are internal

So, if anyone has a CAA membership and could try this for me and let me know the results, that would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Sorry, I don't have a CAA membership to use to test their site.

Why not just let the Via Rail agent do your booking for you and then they should be able to email you your tickets or whatever etc.

- Patrick
======

OP
krs

krs

Reaction score
Yes, I can call Via to make the booking, but that limits me to do bookings during their business hours.
In any case, their website should work properly.

I just ran a W3C validation on that Via booking site and it comes up with 124 Errors and Warnings - pretty pathetic for a commercial site if you ask me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
In any case, their website should work properly.

I agree.

I also sent you a reply to your PM and also a second PM with a valid email address.

I hope they work as I don't find them exactly overly reliable.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.