Can't connect to Brother printer

Reaction score
Hello,

I work with a small business and we're having trouble connecting our Brother HL-2240 to any of our machines wirelessly. It worked yesterday but not today. When trying to re-add the printer in the settings sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. When it is there and I try to connect it it stalls on "setting up" or "preparing". I haven't changed anything for the network so I'm not sure what the issue is. Any ideas?

Update: I got it connected, it's green and Idle, but when I try to print something it just says "Printing - Connected to printer."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hello,

I work with a small business and we're having trouble connecting our Brother HL-2240 to any of our machines wirelessly. It worked yesterday but not today. When trying to re-add the printer in the settings sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. When it is there and I try to connect it it stalls on "setting up" or "preparing". I haven't changed anything for the network so I'm not sure what the issue is. Any ideas?

Update: I got it connected, it's green and Idle, but when I try to print something it just says "Printing - Connected to printer."

According to the product page, this isn't a wireless printer. How exactly are you set up to use this wirelessly? If it's plugged into a router, I would try resetting that. Unplug the router's power cord and wait 5 minutes, then plug it back in. Do the same for the printer.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yeah, it was set up through the router. We didn't really find out what the issue was, but we bought a new printer instead because we needed color anyway. We ended up getting the Brother printer working by having it run through another PC. Thanks for the advice!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.