Cannot print over network after upgrading to Big Sur

Reaction score
I have a Lexmark C543dn printer which worked fine until I upgraded to Big Sur. As an old printer Lexmark has not published a new driver for Mac OS 11 so I re-installed the printer using "Generic Postscript printer" as the driver. I can now print with my MacBook Air connected directly to the printer with a cable, but I cannot print over my home network from an iMac. I can install it on the iMac apparently using Bonjour, I can see the printer's webpage with supply levels etc, but when I try to print the printer job sticks on Paused with the message "Ready to print". Any suggestions to get remote printing working would be very welcome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Any suggestions to get remote printing working would be very welcome.

Skipping the suggestion to go back to your previous mac os version that worked have you considered running the Reset Printer System, and start the printer setup from scratch.

Or you could try Installing and using handyPrint On your MacBook Air:

The MacBook Air would need to be on and running to work as a remote PrintServer.

- Patrick
=======

OP
G
Reaction score
Skipping the suggestion to go back to your previous mac os version that worked have you considered running the Reset Printer System, and start the printer setup from scratch.

Or you could try Installing and using handyPrint On your MacBook Air:

The MacBook Air would need to be on and running to work as a remote Print Server.

- Patrick
=======
I have tried Reset Printer System but that didn't work.

I will try handyPrint, many thanks for your help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.