Buetooth speaker

Reaction score
Bluetooth speakers

I'm hoping that I can get some Bluetooth speaker personal recommendations. This is what I'm looking for .....

- something that is at least "steamproof" ;-) as it will be almost permanently kept in bathroom
- the iMac is located about 4.5 metres away from bathroom, and about 17 metres away from another place of occasional /fortnightly use
- small – medium size, & 1 speaker only (although it can be 2 'active' speakers within the 1 speaker – no room for more than 1 in the bathroom)
- medium quality sound & volume (it's not going to be blasting at top volume etc)
- don't want to have a 'power hungry' model that needs to be recharged all the time (although I don't know what is considered a long 'life' before recharging)
- finally, I think I'd be paying about $70 for a model like this? Basically, I'm not after $120 speakers.

Can anybody recommend one? There are too many for me to make a good choice ..... thanks :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello Digital - first, as to 'steam proof', you'll have to rely on others' opinions who have used some speakers in a steamy bathroom and/or read the reviews carefully to determine if a 'speaker' was designed to be used in a high humidity environment. Second, since there are SO MANY of these BT speakers available and at widely varying price ranges, you will likely receive a different recommendation from each poster.

BUT for myself, I've had several BT speakers & BT headphones - all portable and used 'on the road' or while exercising (i.e. headphones), so my goals were small footprint, decent sound to fill a hotel room, and reasonable price (like < $100 - I've left these behind in hotels several times). My current travel speaker is the Inateck shown below (Amazon has plenty of Q&As & comments/reviews, if you are interest) - I actually have the model shown in the second pic - this speaker is 2" x 2 1/4" x 6 1/4" and has two drivers - the sound, including the bass is quite good for its size and easily 'fills' a standard hotel room; plus the price is right. Check there website HERE; also, google "Ten Best Bluetooth Speakers" for plenty of reviews - such as this one from PC MAG - good luck and let us know your findings. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 10.56.03 AM.png Inateck-BTSP-10-1-630x420.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.