BT radio on MBPro - Disrupted Transmission?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi all - I use BT headphones (Rocket Fish) & a BT speaker (Inateck) (pics below) w/ my iPad Air 2 - mainly on the road during trips - both function fine w/ the iDevice. However, when I pair these BT items (and also my HDTV soundbar) w/ my MBPro, the sound is periodically disrupted w/ frequent 'dropouts'. However, when I listen to music on the laptop's built-in speakers or on wired headphones, there is no problem at all.

With the BT headphones paired, I've looked at the RSSI (table below from HERE) and obtain values from -55 to -77, so not sure that is the issue (my Wi-Fi RSSI is often in the same range w/ the computer a room away from the router).

So, I believe that the BT devices are working fine and that sound to my internal sources on the MBPro seem OK, so is the BT radio the problem? A computer re-boot did not seem to help - I've not tried to reset PRAM and/or SMC yet - uncertain if those would help? Also, not sure 'how long' this has been a problem - I was testing today trying to connect to both via my laptop to respond to a thread on this forum - would appreciate any comments - thanks. Dave :)

RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indication)
0 to -60 --> good
-61 to -70 --> OK
-71 to -90 --> poor
less than -90 --> bad

9246862_ra.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 4.56.21 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.