Bluetooth stopped working with last Windows 10 update (running in bootcamp OS 10.13.1)

Reaction score
HI All: I've been using bootcamp for several years to use a program only available for the MS operating system. Up until I updated Windows 10 this morning, my bluetooth devices all worked fine. After this morning's update, the devices show but bluetooth is shown as "turned off". Problem is that the locations MS say the BT on/off switch is not there. I'm using a 2018 MBP 15". Anyone have a solution?

Many thanks, Gord

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I'm not using BootCamp, I use VMWare Fusion Player 13 with Windows 10. I have a Bluetooth icon in the system tray. If you click on the icon there are options available.

Did you see if there are any driver updates from Apple?

OP
G
Reaction score
I'm not using BootCamp, I use VMWare Fusion Player 13 with Windows 10. I have a Bluetooth icon in the system tray. If you click on the icon there are options available.

Did you see if there are any driver updates from Apple?

Thanks for this. Finally had time to attempt to work through all the updates yesterday, which I finally completed but with no success, the Bluetooth radio appears to be rendered invisible by either a Windows update or Mac. So, will be giving VMWare Fusion Player 10 as I have a legal copy of Win 10 should work I hope. Thanks again, I do appreciate your time on this. Cheers, Gord

FanolaHa

Reaction score
A familiar situation. For this I read some tech guides and finally solved this issue. First of all make sure your Windows 10 installation is up to date. Sometimes, new updates may fix Bluetooth-related issues. You can also try resetting the Bluetooth settings to their default state.
Go to the "Settings" app, select "Devices," and then "Bluetooth & other devices." Under the "Related settings" section, click on "More Bluetooth options." In the Bluetooth settings window, go to the "Options" tab, and click on "Reset."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacOS Sonoma
Open Services.msc in Windows and make sure the BlueTooth Support Service is set to Automatic and started.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.