Bluetooth mouse fix

Reaction score
I purchased my third Mac Mini last year, and had connectivity issues with my Magic Mouse that made the computer unusable. My mouse was 15 feet from my computer, under the same conditions as my previous unit that worked fine. I went through months of phone calls, and hours on the phone with no less than 5 senior advisors, before finding a fix. The final stop was the Genius Bar, where a tech said to think outside of the box because nothing else had worked, and to try a Logitech Mouse that did not use Bluetooth. That was the solution that worked! No one else at Apple was willing to consider that they had a design flaw in the unit that I purchased. My only decision now, is to see if Apple will buy back my Magic Mouse, or to make a YouTube video with a sledgehammer to it. For the first time ever (I have only owned Apple products until this mouse), I have no faith in Apple as a company. Sad........

Sent from my iPhone using Mac-Forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Sad........

Yes, and too bad you hadn't posted your problem here as I sure would have replied. I might have even suggested trying the Logitech M705 (I have used the pre-2018 model for years now) USB wireless.

FWIW: My hands and body do not get along or work properly with the Apple mice. None of them ever worked properly.

PS: welcome to Mac forums.

- Patrick
======

OP
A
Reaction score
Patrick,
I guess I have always drank the Apple cool aid, and thought they would figure it out. I will never use their phone support again, only forums. The Logitech M510 was my fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac-Forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
The Logitech M510 was my fix.

I hope it's working well for you. Is seems very similar to the M705 that I use.

I found that to get the best performance, I ended up trying out several different good-quality mouse pads. One of the best ones that works well for me is a thin glossy 3M mouse pad.

The absolute worst Mouse pads I tried was one my wife used to use that was like a miniture Persion rug. It was so bad it's actually numerous to try using it.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.