• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Big trouble finding working download for Mac Webcam Settings 2.3

Reaction score
Hi -- I've just bought a Razer Kiyo Pro webcam. Very nice image, but it's very random (e.g. going on and off for no apparent reason and some other weird behaviour. I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8, so I can't use the Razer software. Been trying to download Mac's Webcams Settings 2.3 to see if I can fix it from there, but I can't find a working download source for that. Driving me bonkers. Could someone please direct me to a good download of it -- of maybe I could PM someone with my email address and they could send me an installation file?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

How about some specs? What Mac do you have (model and year)?

The Razer Kiyo Pro should have come with driver(s) for macOS which would definitely help getting it setup correctly. But since you're using 10.6.8, it's not supported.

I don't believe settings for the Mac webcams are downloadable or even available as that is built into macOS.

Is it possible for you to upgrade from Snow Leopard or is there some reason you can't?

OP
G
Reaction score
Welcome to our forums.

How about some specs? What Mac do you have (model and year)?

The Razer Kiyo Pro should have come with driver(s) for macOS which would definitely help getting it setup correctly. But since you're using 10.6.8, it's not supported.

I don't believe settings for the Mac webcams are downloadable or even available as that is built into macOS.

Is it possible for you to upgrade from Snow Leopard or is there some reason you can't?

There is a programme/app known as 'Webcam Setiings' which is standardly recommended for those with webcams like the Razer and systems which don't support the Razer software. The version I would need is 2.3, as version 3 will not run on Snow Leopoard. (I don't think my iMac will run any operating system beyond Snow Leopard.) So provided I can download that app, I should be okay. There are a number of sites offering it, but for some reason I haven't been able to download the app. Version 3 is sold by the Mac store for about $8, but I can't find version 2.3 there.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I found this with a simple search: (version 2.3)

Is there some reason you can't download it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
It opens in the macOS App Store.
I clicked on the Download button and it took me to NitroFlare, a download site, not to the macOS App Store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I clicked on the Download button and it took me to NitroFlare, a download site, not to the macOS App Store.
I assumed the "Download file" button would download NitroFlare. I also noticed the "view in Mac App Store" button.

I did follow the NitroFlare download after I read your reply. There are a lot of steps to get the file, but it did download.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your help. Before I started the thread I had come across the insmac.org page and had gone from there to the Mac app store, but all I could find there was Version 3. Earlier today I tried the NitroFlare download but ended up getting an "invalid ticket" message, whatever that means. Anyway, later I went over to my Windows partition and found a program called Movie Edit Pro which I aquired some years ago but never used, and it works just fine with the Razer, so I think I'm sorted now. Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.