Batch Speed Up Audio Files (Audacity or other app)

Reaction score
UPDATE
I figured it out in Audacity - you go into Macros first and then Files and choose which files you want to apply the macro to. Not at all intuitive, but it works

________ORIGINAL_________
I am a podcast junkie, and I typically like to listen to them at 1.5 times the speed in order to get through them faster. On my desktop iMac, I use a little app called SpeedUp for this. Works wonderfully. But I also load them onto my shuffle and need a way to batch process the audio files in order to speed them up prior to loading. Currently, I am using Audacity, which used to have ability to batch process a macro designed to speed up. But they have gotten rid of this feature and now I can only do one file at a time which is really a drain on my time.
Does anybody know either how to achieve batch processing for speed up in the latest audacity, or can recommend a different application that can easily do this. Thank you.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.