Apple TV's New Remote - Sold Separately?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Just curious if anyone has or will buy into this new device developed for their new Apple TV but will also work with several recent older models? I own an Apple 4K TV but hate the remote (below, left) - the newer one (below, right) has received some excellent reviews and comments, but as usual is pricey on their website, i.e. $59 (the older one is selling for $49 at B& H Photo, so not much difference). Dave :)
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 11.27.59 AM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I'm highly partial to the Harmony remote that I use, but if I used an Apple remote, I would get the new one, no question of it. That one the new one is replacing is awful in so many ways. A classic example of form over function.

OP
RadDave
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I'm highly partial to the Harmony remote that I use, but if I used an Apple remote, I would get the new one, no question of it. That one the new one is replacing is awful in so many ways. A classic example of form over function.

Thanks Life...Beach - I'm on my second Apple TV, now 4K but that old remote as stated is a PITA - the most annoying feature is the top touch surface - if your finger just strays (even putting it away) some type of annoying interaction occurs! For those 'in the market' - take a look at this REVIEW - believe that I'll be ordering soon - :cool: Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.