Apple Gen 3 , Blinking Light, Doesnt show up in itunes for upgrade when plugged in and app in up to date..?? ANYBODY?? THANKS!

Reaction score
hi yall, i have a, Apple Gen 3 TV Box, its stuck with aBlinking Light, and a connect to itunes display, Doesnt show up in itunes for upgrade though when its plugged into my Mac and the app in up to date..?? ANYBODY?? THANKS!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I'm slightly confused by your post, but if you mean you have an Apple TV (A little black box), it doesn't use iTunes for any update. It updates it's software over whatever network it is attached to. You don't need a Mac or any other device, other than the WiFI or LAN. Here is the support page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/apple-tv

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
hi yall, i have a, Apple Gen 3 TV Box, its stuck with aBlinking Light, and a connect to itunes display, Doesnt show up in itunes for upgrade though when its plugged into my Mac and the app in up to date..?? ANYBODY?? THANKS!

Most likely tvOS is corrupt and you need to restore it. This can be done via a Mac or PC using iTunes, in the same manner as you would an iPhone if need be. If you are Catalina or Big Sur, you would do this via Finder instead. Below is Apple's support article on what to do.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.