apple care replace worn batteries on macpro, is it worth it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Catalina 10.15.3
l am hours away from buying a new macbook pro 14, 1 or 2 GB HD (considered 32G RAM but really don't think require, as most demanding use of mac is for online trading, open 2 or 3 trading software platforms that my mbpr 2012 (256GB 8G) can just handle, though at its limits) could easily fill up the HD with media like photos videos, etc. l am considering apple care as read that it replaces batteries if it runs under 80% capacity. did l interpret that right?
btw had my mbpr 2012 and not one accident, worked fine, jsut required battery to be changed 3 x.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
l am considering apple care as read that it replaces batteries if it runs under 80% capacity. did l interpret that right?
Where did you read it?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Catalina 10.15.3
on apple website when given option to buy apple care, but really l think its cheaper just buying another battery than apple care

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Apple Care+, which is the paid-for version, only runs for three years on Macs and two years on iDevices.

I’d be delighted if you could find an Apple Source which stipulates that they will replace any/all batteries where the capacity falls below 80% - and - do I understand you to say or imply that the age of the Device is irrelevant?

Maybe I have simply misunderstood your post. If so, apologies.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.