Annoying message about new iPhone gift

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
I bought an iPhone from Apple as a Christmas gift. It's been all set up by the recipient but on my iPhone, under Settings, there is a message prompting me to get ready for my new iPhone. Any idea, please, how to get rid of it? If I click 'get started' the options are 'continue' or 'not now' and I'm back to square one.

IMG_8008.jpg

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Sue,

If you receive or find an answer, let me know (well all of us , of course).

I treated myself to a new iPad Pro and still have the much older and smaller iPad - on which is a perpetual notification exactly like yours.

I thought this would fade away with time - No!

I thought that as I have kept the older iPad and it has not been removed from my devices in Apple ID - that is, I own 2 iPads - that it would disappear - No!

I'm sure there will be an obvious, but well concealed, way of getting rid of it - I hope!

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
What happens if you click "continue?" I think all the process does is tell you what you need to do to migrate, and at the end, the notice goes away.

OP
badshoehabit
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Ha, sorted! Asked if i want to transfer apps - said 'not now'; initially message still there but now it's gone. Thanks.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A clever and sensible suggestion, Jake, but I'd tried that previously.

But, by some magic, or not, I got it to disappear just now by signing out of, then back in to, my Apple ID.

Give that a try, Sue. (EDIT: No need, you got there, Sue)

Don't we always advise our member to sign in/out of whatever is problematic?? :)

Ian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Don't we always advise our member to sign in/out of whatever is problematic?? :)
Believe it or not Ian, it does work. I went through a complete day trying to get my wife's iPhone back to where she could use it again. (After she accidentally selected something she shouldn't have.) Of course since we both use the same Apple ID this also impacted my usage. Signing out of iCloud and then back in worked to get everything back to normal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.