Airport Extreme to 3 Lan Airplay Speakers connection

Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
Bookmarking this. I don't have an answer for you right now but I'll dig deeper into it when I'm home tomorrow. I have all sorts of connections to speakers going on. I should be able to figure it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No problem. By the way, do you know that iTunes has multiple output selectors, each with independent volume control, so you can use all 3 speakers simultaneously using AirPlay?

OP
O
Reaction score
Yes, I know Kevin, but my purpose is to send my iPhone music through Airport to my AirPlay LAN speakers without using ITunes.
Thanks
Oliver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK. Which model iPhone do you have? And which version of iOS?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good. Same here so what works on mine will work on yours. I'll see what I can figure out then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK. That was super easy. All I had to do was read the customer reviews for the app, which you can find here.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/ns-setup/id537150314?mt=8

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 10.13.15 PM.png

However, I'd suggest downloading the app first and trying the mentioned "home share" feature. Clearly the author didn't use an Extreme because he used 4 speakers.

I've had a look at AirPlay on multiple devices using an iPhone and it doesn't seem to be possible under normal circumstances.

Give the app a try and see if it works for you and accomplishes what you are looking for. If not, then I'll see if I can get a hold of some speakers with Ethernet connection, and plug them into my Extreme. I had one, a Polk Woodbourne, but I sold it, because it was gathering dust. Fantastic sound, but I didn't have any use for it.

OP
O
Reaction score
I will purchase a second hand AirPort Extreme and will try. I don't know much about the different Apple peripherals and looking for the adequate AirPlay device to work with my speakers.
Regards
Oliver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have a couple of Extremes on my system. They are very easy to set up. You will need to download the AirPort Utility app to set up with an iPad/iPhone. It's a native app on a Mac.

I'll be interested to know whether you get the wired output you are looking for.

OP
O
Reaction score
I will keep you updated. Let me know from your side if you found any solution as well.
Thanks
Oliver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Called into BestBuy today, and asked one of the salesmen what he thought. His advice: Buy one from BB and see if it does what you want it to. If not you can always take it back, no questions asked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.