AFP SHARING CATALINA OS finding files

Reaction score
Hello

I am connecting from Imac (catalina OS) to new macmini (catlaina OS ) which i am using for server with AFP protocol.

On new mac mini i share folder with AFP preferences and a lot of files inside.

Connection is ok no problem

When i search from Imac in finder i can find the files with no problem.

But when i go to some applications like Illustrator or some other apps, searching trough network on connected drive (shared folder on new macmini) there is no result

On older macmini that has older system installed, not new catalina there is no problem finding files from finder or from applications.
Sharing preferences is same as on new one

Any clue what could i missed or there is some more pref. to work with Catalina OS.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

It may be a matter of security that's keeping your new Mini from sharing folders and files. Security has been tightened in Catalina. Make sure that permissions have been granted for access by going to System Preferences, Security and Privacy.

OP
C
Reaction score
yes i know but in preferences there is no special permissions to grant that applications can search files from network. in finder works if i search files, but in applications, when you need to search for certain file name from this particular network doesnt work.
I really dont understand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
When you look in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab, what options are enabled under Files and Folders and Full Disk Access? I think AFP would need to be listed there for it to work?

Another place to check is to see if your Firewall is enabled?

OP
C
Reaction score
Firewall is disabled, , but i dont know how to put AFP protocol inside files and folder preferences...you cant add stuff by youself only os put inside app? In this moment there is nothing inside its a fresh install of os only smbd and sshd are inside by default.
Full disk accsess - you can only add apps from local disk not from network where i want to search from....

maybe i will have to install mac os Mojave back......Shame i have new macmini with 2tB ssd and 64Gb ram memory i9 Intel procesor and i cant use latest OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Last edited:
OP
C
Reaction score
always they do something new in apple software, problems apear.

i think i will install mojave and problem will be solved.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
always they do something new in apple software, problems apear.

i think i will install mojave and problem will be solved.

And they have a habit of moving or hiding the settings as to how they might work.

Regardless, iOrt's probably best to use the OS Version that just works for what you want to do.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.