12 Max Pro Cellular Antenna ???

B

bigheart1216

So I have a 12 Max Pro & what I notice is that the cell bars are at least 2~3 bars less than an Android phone any given time. Now I've had Verizon & now TMOBILE, but same thing. Currently I have a Motorola One 5G as a backup, really just to test my theory that the iPhones internal antenna is just crap. I also notice that Apples bluetooth products work great with other Apple products but not so much with aftermarket, has anyone else noticed this. So this is not my first iPhone I've had several models so any suggestions besides the reset the network settings and soft reset the phone would be appreciated. For my line of work its the cellular and bluetooth capabilities that I need more than the operating system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Welcome to the forum.

I don't sweat the bars. As long as I have cell service and access to the net, bars don't matter. I suspect some phone companies "enhance" the bars so their phones look better.

My iPhone works well with just about any BT devices, including aftermarket ear buds, headphones, speakers. BT is a standard, after all.

OP
B

bigheart1216

for my blue parrot headset my iPhone will unpair by itself same thing with my Garmin watch. sometimes I feel its my luck with electronics

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
"Unpair" or "disconnect?" I have see BT disconnects when there is an interfering signal in the same frequency band (wireless land line, some remote controls, some other short range radio items (drone controllers, wireless doorbells, cameras, security alarms, etc.). But not unpairing, as in, forgetting it ever connected.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I've paired a variety of third-party headphones, earbuds, speakers etc with several different iPhone models with everything from the iPhone 6S onward (except the ii and 13) with no issues. The closest I've come to a problem is one set of cheap earbuds that had difficulty pairing if they were ever unpaired. In fairness to Apple, that set of earbuds was complete junk and literally fell apart in my hand one day.

I work at two different schools and have cell signal difficulties in parts of both buildings. I don't think this is unique to iPhones sr specific careers. My Android using co-workers have similar complaints in both buildings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.