Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Lexmark Double Sided Printing Greyed Out/Not Selectable

    Member Since
    Dec 30, 2007
    Posts
    67
    Lexmark Double Sided Printing Greyed Out/Not Selectable
    Hi all,
    I've got a Lexmark printer from which I can use double sided printing fine through the utility for Windows.

    However, from my new MacBook Pro it doesn't let me choose the double sided option as it is greyed out or unselectable and it just says Two-Sided: Off.

    I've tried various help pages on Lexmark's website, I've got the latest drivers for Leopard but it hasn't helped - as for Lexmark's support...pfft! I think they're all sleeping at workl phones are never answered.

    It seems many people are experiencing the same on all various printer brands and someone had given a HP solution download but obviously it won't sort this LM printer out!

    Any ideas?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Lexmark Double Sided Printing Greyed Out/Not Selectable

    Member Since
    Oct 24, 2006
    Posts
    86
    Printer model number ???

  3. #3
    Lexmark Double Sided Printing Greyed Out/Not Selectable

    Member Since
    Jun 04, 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, CA.
    Posts
    314
    Specs:
    iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
    Same problem
    I have the same problem using a Z705 Lexmark. Let me know what works Van

  4. #4
    Lexmark Double Sided Printing Greyed Out/Not Selectable

    Member Since
    Oct 24, 2006
    Posts
    86
    From the Lexmark FTP site:
    ftp://ftp.lexmark.com/driver/inkjet_..._1_0_0.pkg.zip

    Contents:
    *** Lexmark_CUPS_Driver Patch_1_0_0.pkg.zip

    SUMMARY
    - The Lexmark CUPS Driver Patch will fix problems with duplex printing on Mac OS X 10.5.x.

    INSTRUCTIONS
    - If driver is not already installed, install the printer driver.
    - Install the CUPS Driver patch
    1. Unzip Lexmark_CUPS_Driver_Patch_1_0_0.pkg.zip.
    2. Launch Lexmark_CUPS_Driver_Patch_1_0_0.pkg.
    3. Follow the setup instructions and accept the License Agreement when prompted.
    4. Complete the installation.
    - You are now ready to print duplex jobs.

    MORE INFORMATION
    - You may still encounter problems with printing duplex jobs in some instances when using Best print quality, selecting no borders and number of pages per sheet is set to 6.

    APPLIES TO
    Printer Models: 6500 Series, 7500 Series, 9500 Series, 4800 Series, and 1500 Series
    Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.x

    *** Lexmark PDE patch for Mac OS X 10.5.dmg
    Applied to 9500 and 9300 for 10.5 patch to print using usb until full driver is ready from www.lexmark.com

  5. #5
    Lexmark Double Sided Printing Greyed Out/Not Selectable

    Member Since
    Dec 30, 2007
    Posts
    67
    It's an X4550.

    And thanks LWC, I think that's the same thing I tried last week with no luck.

    However, I plan on doing a clean install and trying the above again. Until then, I've e-mailed Lexmark's Mac engineers team and am awaiting their response.

  6. #6
    MacHeadCase
    Guest
    Excellent idea to email support for a product ! They're the ones that can best help, they made the product and know its limitations.

    If they ever do get back to you, please post the answer, it might help others with the same dilemma as yours.

  7. #7
    Lexmark Double Sided Printing Greyed Out/Not Selectable

    Member Since
    Dec 30, 2007
    Posts
    67
    Yeah, support sure does help but I'm not so sure this is a printer problem. The printer works great with Windows and I've seen other Mac users having similar problems with other brands of printers.

  8. #8
    Lexmark Double Sided Printing Greyed Out/Not Selectable

    Member Since
    Apr 20, 2009
    Posts
    2
    Smile Duplex Printing on Lexmark Printer grayed-out
    I had the same problem and finally was able to figure out the problem.

    Go to: File, Print, drop down menu that says copies & pages, go to Layout, two sided: off drop down menu, and choose either Long edge binding or short edge binding, then hit print.

    I kept looking for something to turn the two sided printing on but this was it. The printer is trying to find out how you want the pages to be printed. Either opening left to right double sided (like a book), which is long edge binding, or flip over from bottom to top which is short edge binding.

    Try it, this works.

  9. #9
    Lexmark Double Sided Printing Greyed Out/Not Selectable

    Member Since
    Dec 30, 2007
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Gslexylady@aol View Post
    I had the same problem and finally was able to figure out the problem.

    Go to: File, Print, drop down menu that says copies & pages, go to Layout, two sided: off drop down menu, and choose either Long edge binding or short edge binding, then hit print.

    I kept looking for something to turn the two sided printing on but this was it. The printer is trying to find out how you want the pages to be printed. Either opening left to right double sided (like a book), which is long edge binding, or flip over from bottom to top which is short edge binding.

    Try it, this works.
    The problem is that the drop down box is greyed out so I can't select edge binding etc.

    Out of interest, is an X4550 you have or do you have some other model of printer and what drivers are you using?

    Cheers!

  10. #10
    Lexmark Double Sided Printing Greyed Out/Not Selectable

    Member Since
    Apr 20, 2009
    Posts
    2
    I have an X6575.

  11. #11
    Lexmark Double Sided Printing Greyed Out/Not Selectable

    Member Since
    Jun 04, 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, CA.
    Posts
    314
    Specs:
    iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
    Printer problem
    I never get a drop down menu,so I can't make any selection.I called lexmark support, and an Indian tech?? answered and said my printer wouldn't work with OS 10.5 which I have.It works, but without any drop down menus available.Oh well.

  12. #12
    Lexmark Double Sided Printing Greyed Out/Not Selectable

    Member Since
    Dec 30, 2007
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Gslexylady@aol View Post
    I have an X6575.
    That's probably the difference then.

    X4550 doesn't have double sided printing per se, so you have to 'manual duplex' which essentially means taking the printer pages out and re-inserting them so the other (blank) side is printed upon.

    There's an option for this in Windows but not on OS X it seems.

  13. #13
    Lexmark Double Sided Printing Greyed Out/Not Selectable

    Member Since
    Oct 11, 2010
    Posts
    1
    Might help
    Clearly I am very late to this party but I had the same problem. Having downloaded the latest driver, I then deleted the printer from my list in system pres and then reselected it but went for the one that started with a '@' as I was using it on a network. It now works.

    I should also say I was using an x544

  14. #14
    Lexmark Double Sided Printing Greyed Out/Not Selectable

    Member Since
    Dec 14, 2011
    Posts
    2
    Link to CUP river doesn't open
    I am having the same problems. OS x 10.7
    It always tels me that the duplex unit is not installed.
    Now I found the solution as quoted but the link doesn't open.

    Quote Originally Posted by LWC View Post
    From the Lexmark FTP site:
    ftp://ftp.lexmark.com/driver/inkjet_..._1_0_0.pkg.zip

    Contents:
    *** Lexmark_CUPS_Driver Patch_1_0_0.pkg.zip

    SUMMARY
    - The Lexmark CUPS Driver Patch will fix problems with duplex printing on Mac OS X 10.5.x.

    INSTRUCTIONS
    - If driver is not already installed, install the printer driver.
    - Install the CUPS Driver patch
    1. Unzip Lexmark_CUPS_Driver_Patch_1_0_0.pkg.zip.
    2. Launch Lexmark_CUPS_Driver_Patch_1_0_0.pkg.
    3. Follow the setup instructions and accept the License Agreement when prompted.
    4. Complete the installation.
    - You are now ready to print duplex jobs.

    MORE INFORMATION
    - You may still encounter problems with printing duplex jobs in some instances when using Best print quality, selecting no borders and number of pages per sheet is set to 6.

    APPLIES TO
    Printer Models: 6500 Series, 7500 Series, 9500 Series, 4800 Series, and 1500 Series
    Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.x

    *** Lexmark PDE patch for Mac OS X 10.5.dmg
    Applied to 9500 and 9300 for 10.5 patch to print using usb until full driver is ready from Printers: Toner, All In One Printers, and Printer Ink | Lexmark

  15. #15
    Lexmark Double Sided Printing Greyed Out/Not Selectable
    RavingMac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 07, 2008
    Location
    In Denial
    Posts
    7,764
    Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by RBT46 View Post
    I am having the same problems. OS x 10.7
    It always tels me that the duplex unit is not installed.
    Now I found the solution as quoted but the link doesn't open.
    That link was posted more than 3 years ago. I suggest you go directly to Lexmark and try to find your driver (probably through Support in the site menu).
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Samsung printer double-sided
    By motaylor in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 02:30 PM
  2. Double sided printing
    By fireman0174 in forum Other Hardware and Peripherals
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-25-2011, 06:24 AM
  3. New Canon printer - double sided page greyed out
    By Wonderditz in forum Other Hardware and Peripherals
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 02:42 PM
  4. will my imac play double-sided dvd?
    By zeppo in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 09:20 AM
  5. HP PSC 1610 double-sided printing...
    By Discerptor in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 03:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •