Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 45 VS a new Mac

  1. #1
    45 VS a new Mac

    Member Since
    Feb 22, 2008
    Posts
    72
    Specs:
    Not a mac: Windows XP, Ubunu 8:04 2GB's RAM Intel petuimu 4
    45 VS a new Mac
    I have been wanting a Mac for a while and now I have nooted up my PC (I uninstalled XP and put Linux on) I have to choices a Mac or buy a XP CD for 45?

    Not sure what I shall do YET.

    Please may you help by saying 45 or Mac.

    I WOULD use a Mac for.

    • Office
    • Email
    • Net (Because I love you guys)
    • College stuff
    • Music
    • Pic's
    • Movie's
    • iLife


    I have a 800 budget what Mac shall I get?

  2. #2
    45 VS a new Mac
    Brown Study's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 11, 2004
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    1,964
    Specs:
    G4 Tiger and OS 9
    Helping You Rationalize
    If you can afford a Mac, go for it. For 45 more, you can run XP on it, as well. And Linux, for that matter.

  3. #3
    45 VS a new Mac

    Member Since
    Feb 22, 2008
    Posts
    72
    Specs:
    Not a mac: Windows XP, Ubunu 8:04 2GB's RAM Intel petuimu 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Study View Post
    If you can afford a Mac, go for it. For £45 more, you can run XP on it, as well. And Linux, for that matter.
    Thank's.
    Yeah your probably right more than likely.

    Could you not mension Linux at this kind of time im having some VERY bad experience's with it.

    And im not sure IF I had a Mac I would want to see Windows or Linux again.

    Which Mac shall I go for?

  4. #4
    45 VS a new Mac
    Derek McNelly's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 04, 2008
    Location
    Center Line, Michigan
    Posts
    1,587
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8
    Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    Thank's.
    Yeah your probably right more than likely.

    Could you not mension Linux at this kind of time im having some VERY bad experience's with it.

    And im not sure IF I had a Mac I would want to see Windows or Linux again.

    Which Mac shall I go for?
    For only 29 more than the 800 you have, you can get the midrange MacBook, and if you have a student discount, you can get it for even less.

    You can also get the entry level iMac for 799.

    If you plan on going around with it a lot, you're better off getting the MacBook.

    The iMac is good too, and has a bigger screen, bigger hard drive, and better video card, however it has a (VERY SLIGHTLY) slower processor and lacks the portability of the MacBook.

    Either one is a good choice though.
    MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
    MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

    MoTM February 2009

  5. #5
    45 VS a new Mac

    Member Since
    Feb 22, 2008
    Posts
    72
    Specs:
    Not a mac: Windows XP, Ubunu 8:04 2GB's RAM Intel petuimu 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek McNelly View Post
    For only 29 more than the 800 you have, you can get the midrange MacBook, and if you have a student discount, you can get it for even less.

    You can also get the entry level iMac for 799.

    If you plan on going around with it a lot, you're better off getting the MacBook.

    The iMac is good too, and has a bigger screen, bigger hard drive, and better video card, however it has a (VERY SLIGHTLY) slower processor and lacks the portability of the MacBook.

    Either one is a good choice though.
    Hmmmm? Im not sure I want to take a Macbook to college because it would get lost or stolen.
    But thanks I will think about it.

  6. #6
    45 VS a new Mac
    Derek McNelly's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 04, 2008
    Location
    Center Line, Michigan
    Posts
    1,587
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8
    Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    Hmmmm? Im not sure I want to take a Macbook to college because it would get lost or stolen.
    But thanks I will think about it.
    It shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't leave it unattended when you're out and about with it. However, I understand your concern.

    If you're really worried about that, then the iMac may be better for you.
    MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
    MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

    MoTM February 2009

  7. #7
    45 VS a new Mac
    louishen's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 22, 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,968
    Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    I would go with a MacBook - just because I have my eye on that for my next purchase

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •