Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Kananigirl
    Guest
    Probably can't do anything about it, but...
    Okay, I bought my new Apple a few days ago. I finally noticed there is this weird yellow little mark on my apple 12" powerbook screen. I know I tried cleaning it, since I thought it was dust. Doesn't come off and it's kinda irritating. I didn't touch or scratch the screen. I probably don't think I can return it either though. I have 4 days more on my 10 return policy. You can see this slight black mark when you're on a white screen kinda irritating.

    Ugh...

  2. #2
    Probably can't do anything about it, but...
    Padawan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 21, 2003
    Location
    Coruscant, Galactic Republic
    Posts
    1,185
    Specs:
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    It sounds like a "lit" pixel. You can try gently massaging it to see if that helps, but other than that there really isn't any way to fix it short of replacing the entire screen. You can try taking it back to an Apple store, but I'd be extremely surprised if they replace it for you, since one lit pixel is well within the "acceptable limits" for LCD screens.
    ~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

    Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

  3. #3
    Kananigirl
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Padawan
    It sounds like a "lit" pixel. You can try gently massaging it to see if that helps, but other than that there really isn't any way to fix it short of replacing the entire screen. You can try taking it back to an Apple store, but I'd be extremely surprised if they replace it for you, since one lit pixel is well within the "acceptable limits" for LCD screens.
    A "lit" pixel? I dunno it doesn't look like it? When you look at the screen, when it's turned off it looks like a yellow nick mark. I probably can't return it, though.

  4. #4
    Probably can't do anything about it, but...
    Padawan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 21, 2003
    Location
    Coruscant, Galactic Republic
    Posts
    1,185
    Specs:
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    Quote Originally Posted by Kananigirl
    A "lit" pixel? I dunno it doesn't look like it? When you look at the screen, when it's turned off it looks like a yellow nick mark. I probably can't return it, though.
    Oooh - I misunderstood what you were describing. So the screen is actually physically damaged or marked on it's surface? You might be able to get Apple to take care of that for you, but if not, you could also try something like this:

    http://www.welovemacs.com/lcdscreencle.html
    ~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

    Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

  5. #5
    Kananigirl
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Padawan
    Oooh - I misunderstood what you were describing. So the screen is actually physically damaged or marked on it's surface? You might be able to get Apple to take care of that for you, but if not, you could also try something like this:

    http://www.welovemacs.com/lcdscreencle.html
    Yes, it is...it's weird. I didn't mark it and anything, but there is this weird yellow nick on it. You can't take it off? I'm going to talk to my friend to see if anything could be done for it I have 4 more days to return/exchange it. I dunno though, what will happen.

    Thanks, I'll look at the site. I do have the iklear stuff and it won't work to take off that weird yellow mark...

  6. #6
    Probably can't do anything about it, but...

    Member Since
    Mar 30, 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,744
    Specs:
    12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
    If there's an Apple Store near you, bring it in and have them take a look at it...

  7. #7
    Kananigirl
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by technologist
    If there's an Apple Store near you, bring it in and have them take a look at it...
    My friend works for them, I wondering what he'll say. It's irritating seeing this weird mark like, on the screen. You can't see it far away, but as you get closer you can see it, it's a blurry mark.

  8. #8
    Probably can't do anything about it, but...
    rman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 24, 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    12,584
    Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Did you take it in?
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

  9. #9
    Kananigirl
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rman
    Did you take it in?

    Yes, I did and my friend told me it's a dead pixel. I said, "That is a dead pixel?" I guess apparently so? I was just wondering, cause when you turn the screen off and put the screen in the light there is a yellow nick on it. I guess I gotta live with the pixel thing.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •