Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Macbook -> Tiger Now or LeoPard later?

    Member Since
    May 15, 2007
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    470
    Specs:
    Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
    Macbook -> Tiger Now or LeoPard later?
    Do you think its worth getting a new macbook now, within a few months.... or is it best to wait till leopard comes out?

    Is there a estimated or confirmed release date for leopard?

  2. #2
    Macbook -> Tiger Now or LeoPard later?

    Member Since
    May 17, 2007
    Posts
    69
    Specs:
    Mac Mini, 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram
    Quote Originally Posted by tobywuk View Post
    Do you think its worth getting a new macbook now, within a few months.... or is it best to wait till leopard comes out?

    Is there a estimated or confirmed release date for leopard?
    I'm wondering the same thing as i'll moist likely be picking up a Macbook Pro (hopefully next friday)

    I can't wait for my first mac!!!!

  3. #3
    Macbook -> Tiger Now or LeoPard later?

    Member Since
    Jan 19, 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    130
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
    Don't quote me on this but I think Leopard is due out in the October timeframe. I would just buy now as the OS X upgrades aren't real expensive like Windows Upgrades are. Then again I'm impatient so hence the buy now! You won't be disappointed though.

  4. #4
    Macbook -> Tiger Now or LeoPard later?

    Member Since
    Feb 09, 2005
    Posts
    841
    I was actually wondering the same thing. I been dying to buy a Macbook but that was kind of holding me back. I doubt there will be any more hardware upgrades on them now before leopard?

    I think I will go for Tiger and upgrade then when leopard comes, as egandolfi said its not as if we have to shell out for Windows Vista?

  5. #5
    Macbook -> Tiger Now or LeoPard later?
    Alexis's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 20, 2006
    Posts
    2,255
    Specs:
    Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    It was due in June, now it's October and there's always the chance it could be Christmas.

    If you want to wait until then, you don't really want a Mac do you!

    Who knows if they'll be any Macbook tweaks, but even if there were, it won't be anything major.

  6. #6
    Macbook -> Tiger Now or LeoPard later?

    Member Since
    May 19, 2007
    Location
    Southampton, England, UK
    Posts
    21
    Specs:
    MacBook - Mid 2007
    Question
    Quote Originally Posted by egandolfi View Post
    I would just buy now as the OS X upgrades aren't real expensive like Windows Upgrades are.
    How much do/will the upgrades cost?

    Also, how do I get them? Do I go into the apple store and say, 'Hello, I'd like an OSX Leopard CD/DVD please!' or do I just download it?

    Cheers,
    -Joe

  7. #7
    Macbook -> Tiger Now or LeoPard later?
    Stretch's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 13, 2007
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,773
    Specs:
    15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
    It will probably be $130, $70 if you're a student. You can either go to an Apple store, or buy online. There is only 1 version of OS X, so you wont have to tell them that you need OS X version 10.5 Seriously Ultimate Media Center Signature Version.
    Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

    Currently running OS X 10.10

  8. #8
    Macbook -> Tiger Now or LeoPard later?

    Member Since
    May 19, 2007
    Location
    Southampton, England, UK
    Posts
    21
    Specs:
    MacBook - Mid 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StretchR View Post
    It will probably be $130, $70 if you're a student. You can either go to an Apple store, or buy online. There is only 1 version of OS X, so you wont have to tell them that you need OS X version 10.5 Seriously Ultimate Media Center Signature Version.
    Thanks, and I must say that's incredibly cheap compared to Windows!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Problems Reinstalling Tiger/Leopard on A1181 Macbook
    By snowber in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 02:12 AM
  2. MacBook Pro: Tiger --> Leopard; Help!
    By sasabo in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-04-2008, 03:09 PM
  3. Tiger or Leopard faster on Core Duo Macbook
    By halo200 in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 07:14 AM
  4. Upgraded macbook to leopard - how do I go back to tiger?
    By Mookiemoo in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-25-2007, 11:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •