Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    donfanatico
    Guest
    Question Memory for new iBook Power PC G4 12"
    I just bought the iBook form the Uk site selling at 699. Where can I get this memory cheaper than the 100 Appple are seling it for.

    I am confused with all the desrpition of various modules and think they won't be compatible...I am looking for an extra 512 idaelly. Any ideas? Thanks

    BIG Tone

  2. #2
    Memory for new iBook Power PC G4 12"
    Carla's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 08, 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    223
    Specs:
    MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0 C2D, 2GB, 120GB HD; iPhone 6 (64GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by donfanatico
    I just bought the iBook form the Uk site selling at 699. Where can I get this memory cheaper than the 100 Appple are seling it for.

    I am confused with all the desrpition of various modules and think they won't be compatible...I am looking for an extra 512 idaelly. Any ideas? Thanks

    BIG Tone

    If you have a 1.33GHz, you would need a DDR333 SO-DIMM module. If it is a 1.2GHz or lower, you'll need a DDR266 DIMM module.

  3. #3
    donfanatico
    Guest
    Thanks Carla.

    I have the 1.33GHz...any sites I can get my hands on cheap RAM?

    Ta
    BIG Tone

  4. #4
    Memory for new iBook Power PC G4 12"
    Carla's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 08, 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    223
    Specs:
    MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0 C2D, 2GB, 120GB HD; iPhone 6 (64GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by donfanatico
    Thanks Carla.

    I have the 1.33GHz...any sites I can get my hands on cheap RAM?

    Ta
    BIG Tone
    Newegg.com is where you can typically find great prices.

  5. #5
    donfanatico
    Guest
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    Newegg.com is where you can typically find great prices.

    I just found a very good site for the UK i think.

    Just bought 512 RAM for less than 35 from crucial.com/uk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Power Book G4 and G3 iBook power issues
    By Hive_Mind in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 11:37 AM
  2. Ibook abruptly lost power and will not power on at all
    By cgeiber in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 09:34 AM
  3. Looking to buy 1GB Memory for 14" iBook
    By N715DP in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 12:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •