Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    jacostilllives
    Guest
    Made the switch and no looking back
    Hey all as you can see im new to these forums and would like to introduce myself. I recently made the switch from PC to MAC and have to say that it has been a great decision. I had been a PC user for many years and actually owned MACs way back in the day. I used to own a Mac IIc and a Performa. Then switched to PC after that. Now after getting so sick of Windows and everything that goes with it i decided to buy a MacBook Pro. All i can say is wow what an amazing machine. In all honestly it runs just as fast or if not faster than my PC which was a P4 3.4ghz with 2gb of ram. I seriously am never going to go back to PC ever. You probably get a bunch of these threads everyday but im too excited to refrain myself. Thank you Mac and thanks for reading my thread. Hopefully you guys are nicer than the BMW forums that i post on. :-p take care and Mac Power!!

  2. #2
    Made the switch and no looking back
    Dillinger-63's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 25, 2006
    Location
    Streator, Illinois
    Posts
    643
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacostilllives
    Hey all as you can see im new to these forums and would like to introduce myself. I recently made the switch from PC to MAC and have to say that it has been a great decision. I had been a PC user for many years and actually owned MACs way back in the day. I used to own a Mac IIc and a Performa. Then switched to PC after that. Now after getting so sick of Windows and everything that goes with it i decided to buy a MacBook Pro. All i can say is wow what an amazing machine. In all honestly it runs just as fast or if not faster than my PC which was a P4 3.4ghz with 2gb of ram. I seriously am never going to go back to PC ever. You probably get a bunch of these threads everyday but im too excited to refrain myself. Thank you Mac and thanks for reading my thread. Hopefully you guys are nicer than the BMW forums that i post on. :-p take care and Mac Power!!
    I'm new to these forums (and Mac's too) but your story about Windows sounds much like mine (I'm sick of PC viruses, spyware, "Do you want to send the error report to Microsoft" yada, yada, yada). I just bought a new 15 inch PowerBook G4 and I have no regrets at all. I'n fact if the money is available in a month or two I'm replacing my home PC with an iMac G5 20 inch. It's been interesting to see so many switchers, so like the nice welcome I recieved when I joined a few weeks ago, welcome aboard.

  3. #3
    jacostilllives
    Guest
    Yea originally i was scared about compatibility issues when transfering because i mainly use my computer for school work and whatnot. Will all my old files work on my Mac but as for now i can say that everything has been working well. Ohh and another sweet thing is that i didnt know Macs could read NTFS hard drives.. That helped quite a bit when transfering a lot of my files from an external hard drive on my PC to my new laptop.

  4. #4
    Made the switch and no looking back
    BlindingLights's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 17, 2006
    Posts
    688
    Specs:
    iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
    Welcome! your story is exactly like mine, except this is my first real experience with a Mac at home.
    the back of our computer looks better than the front of theirs


    Quote Originally Posted by Super_boy22
    i can store many dvds on 1 floppy so it's essential to me

  5. #5
    Made the switch and no looking back
    pugui's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 30, 2006
    Posts
    27
    Specs:
    imac 1.83 GHz intel duo 1.5 GB
    I bought the intel imac a month ago, after using PCs for 10+ years. Needless to say I've loved every minute of this switch All the problems I feared never happened. (well there's the inability to play wmv, but other than that...)

    It's such a beautiful machine for starters, takes half the space of my old compaq and the OS is so much easier than windows, I've found. But the best thing is how fast and reliable it is even with the biggest applications open at the same time.

    Since the moment I plugged this baby and started using it, I've resented Microsoft and PCs in general for making it so difficult for so long and to so many people. I just want to convert all my friends now! LOL

  6. #6
    Grazza
    Guest
    WMV plugin
    Quote Originally Posted by pugui
    I bought the intel imac a month ago, after using PCs for 10+ years. Needless to say I've loved every minute of this switch All the problems I feared never happened. (well there's the inability to play wmv, but other than that...)

    It's such a beautiful machine for starters, takes half the space of my old compaq and the OS is so much easier than windows, I've found. But the best thing is how fast and reliable it is even with the biggest applications open at the same time.

    Since the moment I plugged this baby and started using it, I've resented Microsoft and PCs in general for making it so difficult for so long and to so many people. I just want to convert all my friends now! LOL
    There's a free plugin here for playing wmv files in Quicktime (Flip4mac). Nice to see so many happy switchers .... Mac's are indeed a beautiful thing.

  7. #7
    Grazza
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazza
    There's a free plugin here for playing wmv files in Quicktime (Flip4mac). Nice to see so many happy switchers .... Mac's are indeed a beautiful thing.
    Sorry, wrong link in the above post. That one's for the trial version of full Monty flip4mac. Microsoft have the download of just the player here. Cheers

  8. #8
    Made the switch and no looking back
    IronMac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 08, 2004
    Posts
    579
    Specs:
    Mini C2D 2Ghz 8GB RAM, MB C2D 2.2Ghz, MBP CD 2Ghz, 1TB TC, 2 APX, iPhone 4, ATV2, 23in ACD x2
    Quote Originally Posted by jacostilllives
    Hopefully you guys are nicer than the BMW forums that i post on.
    Welcome glad to have you. Just curious what BMW means. I'd actually like to check out a few of them. I'm always game for some trouble. :batman:

  9. #9
    Made the switch and no looking back

    Member Since
    Mar 20, 2006
    Location
    Petaluma, CA
    Posts
    573
    Specs:
    20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazza
    Sorry, wrong link in the above post. That one's for the trial version of full Monty flip4mac. Microsoft have the download of just the player here. Cheers
    flip4mac doesn't work on the new intel machines yet. apple has been downplaying the number of programs that rosetta can't run, and unfortunately it's a significant amount.

  10. #10
    Kokopelli
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMac
    Welcome glad to have you. Just curious what BMW means. I'd actually like to check out a few of them. I'm always game for some trouble. :batman:
    At a guess Bavarian Motor Works?

    And welcome jacoStillLives.

  11. #11
    Made the switch and no looking back
    IronMac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 08, 2004
    Posts
    579
    Specs:
    Mini C2D 2Ghz 8GB RAM, MB C2D 2.2Ghz, MBP CD 2Ghz, 1TB TC, 2 APX, iPhone 4, ATV2, 23in ACD x2
    Quote Originally Posted by dohidied
    flip4mac doesn't work on the new intel machines yet. apple has been downplaying the number of programs that rosetta can't run, and unfortunately it's a significant amount.
    Found this work around for the Flip 4 Mac plugin, can say if it works but its worth a try.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokopelli
    At a guess Bavarian Motor Works?
    I thought of that but couldn't figure what it had to do with computers.

  12. #12
    Made the switch and no looking back
    pugui's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 30, 2006
    Posts
    27
    Specs:
    imac 1.83 GHz intel duo 1.5 GB
    Thanks IronMac, dohidied and Grazza for all the help.

    I downloaded the WMV 9 player and it seems to work ok so far. The only thing I've found is that I can't see them using Frontrow, hopefully the universal flip4mac will be released soon!

  13. #13
    Made the switch and no looking back
    IronMac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 08, 2004
    Posts
    579
    Specs:
    Mini C2D 2Ghz 8GB RAM, MB C2D 2.2Ghz, MBP CD 2Ghz, 1TB TC, 2 APX, iPhone 4, ATV2, 23in ACD x2
    We do what we can. Did that link I posted help any with the WMV? I know VLC isn't native yet but does it run under Rosetta?

  14. #14
    jacostilllives
    Guest
    lol BMW has nothing to do with computers but you guys seem nicer than the guys that post on the BMW forums that i post on. Just making a point.

  15. #15
    Made the switch and no looking back
    IronMac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 08, 2004
    Posts
    579
    Specs:
    Mini C2D 2Ghz 8GB RAM, MB C2D 2.2Ghz, MBP CD 2Ghz, 1TB TC, 2 APX, iPhone 4, ATV2, 23in ACD x2
    ****, you really meant the car. I was hoping to start some OS brouhaha.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What made you switch?
    By DriftNismo in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 02:05 PM
  2. I just made the switch... no looking back!
    By Zerodynamic in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 02:46 AM
  3. I just made the switch! A few ?'s...
    By krazykomrade in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-13-2006, 03:21 PM
  4. made the switch!!
    By m-memphis in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 11:43 PM
  5. I have now made THE SWITCH
    By HopperJonusFang in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-13-2003, 06:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •