Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Kreza
    Guest
    Talking hey guys, just switched...
    Hello all, im new, and i just switched from a XP desktop to a nice new (well old) iBook. I am not that old so my budget was 400. I picked up a (what I believe to be) good iBook on Ebay for 400. I had a iMac 333mhz before with OS 9.2 but got hardly any use apart from using various software (I picked it up for 50). Anyway... it just blew up (the screen) so i decided to buy a iBook. Just wanted to say hi and was wondering two thing, my iBook is in the middle of being shipped, but I was wondering 2 things 1) iChat, is it only a video conference utility or is it a chat messenger like yahoo aswell? 2) Is it 99 to upgrade to Panther now matter what?? I saw something about it being like 14 but im not very sure.

    Thanks for any replies any answers received will be much appreciated as I am very new just incase you were wondering, these are the specs of my iBook (I think they are good for the price I paid)

    600 Mhz G3 Processor
    640 Mb Ram
    20 Gb HDD
    DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive

    I think that a 600 Mhz processor is enough as my old iMac (333) outperformed my PC running XP and 2.4 Ghz processor atleast on par with it.

  2. #2
    Fomer
    Guest
    Glad your back to the mac world.

    Ichat is only a chat app like yahoo, aim, msn messenger, etc. Ichatav is the video/audio input messenger which if you so desire to upgrade to later it also allows normal chatting.

    Well, if you bought a computer from Apple I think around 25 days you got Panther for next to nothing. May be what you are thinking of. Also you said you weren't too old if you are in college or grade school you can snag panther with a student discount.

    Those specs aren't too shabby, esp for the price you paid.

  3. #3
    Kreza
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fomer
    Glad your back to the mac world.

    Ichat is only a chat app like yahoo, aim, msn messenger, etc. Ichatav is the video/audio input messenger which if you so desire to upgrade to later it also allows normal chatting.

    Well, if you bought a computer from Apple I think around 25 days you got Panther for next to nothing. May be what you are thinking of. Also you said you weren't too old if you are in college or grade school you can snag panther with a student discount.

    Those specs aren't too shabby, esp for the price you paid.
    i know i got it on ebay!!! SO HAPPY. I'll just either save up for panther, or not get it, as I heard there are many more updates coming, is this true?

  4. #4
    hey guys, just switched...
    sKaD's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 05, 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    492
    Specs:
    1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
    Well, there's upgrades 10.3.x (x being upgrades)

    But I doubt it'll be real soon to see another full OS Upgrade (10.4 <--)

    So you're safe in buying Panther and it's a great upgrade and might even make your iBook run faster.

    Good to hear the purchase, that's a sweet deal, I don't even really know what currency you're talking about but 400 doesn't sound like much @ all

    sKaD

  5. #5
    Kreza
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sKaD
    Well, there's upgrades 10.3.x (x being upgrades)

    But I doubt it'll be real soon to see another full OS Upgrade (10.4 <--)

    So you're safe in buying Panther and it's a great upgrade and might even make your iBook run faster.

    Good to hear the purchase, that's a sweet deal, I don't even really know what currency you're talking about but 400 doesn't sound like much @ all

    sKaD
    398 GBP Pounds
    $685 US Dollars

    is exactly what I paid..

  6. #6
    kakosc
    Guest
    You said @ instead of at.
    @ requires the pressing of two keys, as does 'at', however @ requires you to hold down shift while pressing 2, therefore making it more complicated to produce.
    The only advantage of using @ over 'at' is saving space, but space obviously isnt an issue here as you found it necessary to ask a question that you could have answered yourself by re-reading the question, paying special attention to the currency symbols found before or after a quoted price, in this case the , which usually refers to the great britain pound, or GBP, one of which usually equals around 1.75 american dollars.

  7. #7
    Kreza
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kakosc
    You said @ instead of at.
    @ requires the pressing of two keys, as does 'at', however @ requires you to hold down shift while pressing 2, therefore making it more complicated to produce.
    The only advantage of using @ over 'at' is saving space, but space obviously isnt an issue here as you found it necessary to ask a question that you could have answered yourself by re-reading the question, paying special attention to the currency symbols found before or after a quoted price, in this case the , which usually refers to the great britain pound, or GBP, one of which usually equals around 1.75 american dollars.
    :confused:

  8. #8
    Fomer
    Guest
    He was talking about Skad

    Good to hear the purchase, that's a sweet deal, I don't even really know what currency you're talking about but 400 doesn't sound like much @ all
    Why kakosc replied?... God only knows :rolleyes:

  9. #9
    HopperJonusFang
    Guest
    wrong thread? :?:

  10. #10
    hey guys, just switched...
    sKaD's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 05, 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    492
    Specs:
    1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
    I think he was reflecting my post where I was questioning the currency symbol and thinking I could answer myself reading my question of not knowing what the currency symbol was and how much of a difference it is from USD.

    And the fact that I used "@ all" instead of "at all".

    Completely pointless indeed, a waste of bandwidth is all.

    sKaD

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Hey Guys! Im New Here!
    By darrensmith016 in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 12:48 PM
  2. Hey Guys
    By DarkestSoul X21 in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 06:31 PM
  3. Hey guys!
    By Tribee in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 05:15 PM
  4. Hey Guys I need some help
    By escuchopelicula in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 06:42 PM
  5. Hey guys~
    By iphix in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 11:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •