Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Worth every penny
    generic chick's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 28, 2010
    Location
    The little shack in the woods
    Posts
    64
    Worth every penny
    Speed, beauty, ease of use, and longevity aside, this computer just earned the right to last week's raping and pillaging of my bank account.

    I spent the afternoon with my great aunt; 91, my grandmother; 87, and photo booth. I don't think I have ever seen either of them laugh like that before. The pointing and the giggling and the tears were endless. I left my grandmother's at around 4pm, at 7:30, she called me to ask if the sunglasses on her table were mine. I said I'd drop by in the morning to pick them up. "Are you bringing your computer with you", she asked.

    I should make a commercial.

  2. #2
    Worth every penny
    chas_m's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 22, 2010
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    18,941
    Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Wait till they see the iPad.

  3. #3
    Worth every penny

    Member Since
    Nov 30, 2009
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by generic chick View Post
    Speed, beauty, ease of use, and longevity aside, this computer just earned the right to last week's raping and pillaging of my bank account.

    I spent the afternoon with my great aunt; 91, my grandmother; 87, and photo booth. I don't think I have ever seen either of them laugh like that before. The pointing and the giggling and the tears were endless. I left my grandmother's at around 4pm, at 7:30, she called me to ask if the sunglasses on her table were mine. I said I'd drop by in the morning to pick them up. "Are you bringing your computer with you", she asked.

    I should make a commercial.
    That sounds like a blast! Glad you all had fun.

    To get the most out of photo booth you can do the following:

    If you have dark hair use a white background that is well lit.

    If your hair is blond/grey use a black background.

    The background contrast is very important.

    Illuminate your face with extra lighting because the flash from the screen is not enough. A flashlight will work.

    The attire your wearing should be in contrast to the background as well.

    Example: Blond hair, white shirt, white background will give you problems.

    The more contrast the better.

    Have fun!

    Cheers!
    Any rebroadcast, retransmission or other use of this posting without the expressed, written consent of the NFL is strictly prohibited.

  4. #4
    Worth every penny
    cuhnool's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 02, 2008
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    1,502
    Specs:
    MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
    You will have many more experiences where you're just like "wow, that was easy", or "I love how this works" or even just "wow!" as you continue your journey in learning about your Mac. Except now that you have that book, you can just read all of that

  5. #5
    Worth every penny

    Member Since
    Jan 17, 2010
    Posts
    1,466
    Specs:
    2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
    Quote Originally Posted by generic chick View Post
    I should make a commercial.
    You should. I'm sure Apple will also like the part about raping and pillaging of your bank account.

  6. #6
    Worth every penny
    MYmacROX's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 17, 2009
    Posts
    3,626
    Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    That's so cool. My dad calls my MBP "the magic box". I get the impression he's impressed with it.

  7. #7
    Worth every penny
    generic chick's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 28, 2010
    Location
    The little shack in the woods
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    Wait till they see the iPad.
    Maybe I'll convince her to buy one for me to test drive. I think she'd be disappointed by the lack of camera though. Now that's a novel sentiment, isn't it? Perhaps my grandmother is more cutting edge and hip than she knew!

    Quote Originally Posted by droflex View Post
    ...

    To get the most out of photo booth you can do the following:

    ...

    Have fun!

    Cheers!
    Thanks for the tips. I'm not sure you can have more fun than watching two little old ladies make fun of each other. My g-aunt actually pushed her sister out of the frame so that she could make her own forehead bulge "better".

    Quote Originally Posted by cuhnool View Post
    You will have many more experiences where you're just like "wow, that was easy", or "I love how this works" or even just "wow!" as you continue your journey in learning about your Mac. Except now that you have that book, you can just read all of that
    It's a pretty good book, but I think the experience is outshining it.

    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessMac View Post
    You should. I'm sure Apple will also like the part about raping and pillaging of your bank account.
    People would buy more of them just because they admitted to the raping and pillaging, out loud!

    Quote Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
    That's so cool. My dad calls my MBP "the magic box". I get the impression he's impressed with it.
    Don't let him touch it, you'll never see it again.

  8. #8
    Worth every penny
    TheGreatApple's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 28, 2009
    Location
    Texas Baby! ;)
    Posts
    242
    Specs:
    Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    This is awesome to hear!

    I've never had as much joy working on any computer as I did and still have with my mac.
    **** That's Good Beer! - The Orignal Beer Bloggin' *******

  9. #9
    SpinningCompass
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessMac View Post
    You should. I'm sure Apple will also like the part about raping and pillaging of your bank account.
    Buy a Mac and help rebuild the Economy! If only Cash for Clunkers extended to PCs...

  10. #10
    Worth every penny
    Emptee's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 11, 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    82
    Specs:
    2.4Ghz, 2Gb, 160HDD & 10.6.2 / Aluminum Keybaord & Mighty Mouse / WD MyBook 1TB
    That's truly a touching story in it's entirety it really is. Isn't it great how so much joy can come from such a beautiful and amazing machine?

  11. #11
    Worth every penny

    Member Since
    Oct 20, 2008
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    89
    Specs:
    MacPro|MacBooks|iPhones|iPods|iPad
    great story! i have done the same thing with my nieces and nephew, they love making faces and playing with the effects...great way to introduce the young and the old to the computer!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. A Penny For Your Thoughts...
    By Xiren in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 11:42 AM
  2. Penny for a switchers thoughts...
    By LostDog4 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-04-2007, 04:54 PM
  3. Is it really worth it?
    By tjespo22 in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-19-2006, 12:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •