Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Whether to wait or not, and an imac or mini?

    Member Since
    Jan 02, 2008
    Posts
    2
    Whether to wait or not, and an imac or mini?
    Hello,

    I've been a reader of this forum for couple years now since I bought my white macbook back in 2007. I am wondering if I should hold off on buying an imac or mac mini for now and wait for update on hardware. Also, I play WoW on my macbook and it runs decent since I have 4GB RAM with GMA X3100, will iMac with GeForce 9400M be an upgrade or not much different? What about iMac ability to run games vs mac mini? Since they are about $400 different and if they are not much different I would just go with the mini.

    Thanks in advance

    David

  2. #2
    Whether to wait or not, and an imac or mini?
    pigoo3's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 20, 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    31,473
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.7.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawei View Post
    Hello,

    I've been a reader of this forum for couple years now since I bought my white macbook back in 2007. I am wondering if I should hold off on buying an imac or mac mini for now and wait for update on hardware.
    If you have been reader on Mac-Forums for a couple years...then you already know the frequent answer that people get when they ask this question...and that is if you need new computer hardware now...then you need to buy now!

    If you can wait...then wait.

    Regarding the $400 price difference between the iMac & Mac Mini. Remember when you buy an iMac you're also getting:

    - a display
    - a keyboard
    - a mouse
    - a larger aluminum housing which costs more money

    HTH,

    - Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

  3. #3
    Whether to wait or not, and an imac or mini?

    Member Since
    Jan 24, 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    116
    Specs:
    2.8Ghz MBP
    I'd go with the iMac personally, I mean, it's going to be faster then the Mini and you get a nice screen. Don't get me wrong, the Mini is a nice little machine for what it does.

  4. #4
    Whether to wait or not, and an imac or mini?

    Member Since
    Apr 09, 2009
    Location
    Ithaca NY
    Posts
    2,073
    Specs:
    13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
    I'd go for the iMac, but wait a couple of months. Also, the 9400M is leaps and bounds better than the onboard intel GMA. I also play WoW, and it's waaaaay better on my MacBook with the 9400m than the old intel GMA 950 in my dad's Mac Mini. I know the x3100 is "better" but it's still an intel integrated card. You'll see a difference. I run WoW about 75-80% of full graphics capabilities.

  5. #5
    Whether to wait or not, and an imac or mini?
    decoman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 04, 2009
    Posts
    137
    I just went thru that situation and went with IMac, not knowing much about Mac's hardware compared to PC shopping I still was convince that the imac was a better deal...

  6. #6
    Whether to wait or not, and an imac or mini?
    Leet Sher's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 07, 2009
    Location
    Watching your every move...
    Posts
    21
    Specs:
    MacBook5,2;2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo;120 GB HDD;2 GB RAM
    Cool
    I would at least wait for the rumored iPad to come out. Apple might upgrade all there products at the same time as releasing the iPad.

  7. #7
    Whether to wait or not, and an imac or mini?

    Member Since
    Apr 09, 2009
    Location
    Ithaca NY
    Posts
    2,073
    Specs:
    13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
    The iMac is due for an upgrade soon, anyway I believe.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mac Mini buy now or wait till apple keynote speech?
    By mackyboy in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 07:55 AM
  2. Imac 27" intel core i7 Or wait for new 2012 Imac?
    By Malik786 in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 05:13 AM
  3. Mac mini or imac or wait?
    By igeoff in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 04:16 PM
  4. Wait for Mac Mini Revision or act now?
    By indychris in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 08:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •