Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    chance
    Guest
    The thing that is making me switch
    Not to clog up your thread but I just had to say this.

    If you notice in the pc forums, it is full of nothing but problems people are experiencing with windows, hardware, and sofware. In here it seems like everyone is nice, and the majority of the things are just questions, not problems. That's really nice!! I want a laptop that gives my 0 problems that's easy to use. I don't want to spend an hour trying to figure out a complicated task and then worry about messing something up. I just want a computer that is strait forward and rock solid. And people wonder why people LOVE apple so much. This forum changed my mind about apple, but it was too late. I am stuck with 2 new laptops (not apple) and feeling very sad

    I wont make the same mistake again. I'm getting an Apple!!

  2. #2
    The thing that is making me switch
    James's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 26, 2004
    Location
    Pocola, Oklahoma
    Posts
    808
    Specs:
    Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"
    I think you will be more than happy if you get an apple, just don't expect perfection. There is no such thing as a computer that doesn't have problems.

    I think you will find less problems with the apple over a pc, and the os is quite stable, but don't let anyone fool you into thinking you can't crash it, believe me it can be done. Ease of use and stability are two of apples selling points.

  3. #3
    chance
    Guest
    Thanks for the reply. I may have misspoke when I said 0 problems. I don't expect a perfect laptop. However like you said the os is much more stabile than windows. In my opinion that's an easy choice.

  4. #4
    The thing that is making me switch
    jsb515's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 23, 2005
    Posts
    199
    you know you can sale one of your pc laptops and order a new ibook g4 12" for 799.00 at http://www.microcenter.com

  5. #5
    Thud
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chance

    If you notice in the pc forums, it is full of nothing but problems people are experiencing with windows, hardware, and sofware. In here it seems like everyone is nice, and the majority of the things are just questions, not problems. That's really nice!! I want a laptop that gives my 0 problems that's easy to use.

    That depends on what PC forums you go to... this forum is called "Switcher Hangout" so you wouldn't expect to find many problems.

    If you are a PC owner, you tend to "hang out" in forums that are unrelated to PC's, and then only go to PC and Windows forums when you actually need help. Hence most posts in PC forums are from people needing help.
    Mac users like to "hang out" in mac forums because it's a smaller niche group, almost like a club. But there are plenty of posts about mac problems if you go to the right forums.

    I've been posting my own issues over at another PC hardware forum, but they are mainly issues about overclocking. Overclockers are sort of in their own little club too-- how fast can you push your system and keep it stable? That kind of thing. The PC users that just "hang out" in forums are the ones that are really into case modding, overclocking, etc and want to show off their rigs.

  6. #6
    falltime
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Thud
    That depends on what PC forums you go to... this forum is called "Switcher Hangout" so you wouldn't expect to find many problems.

    If you are a PC owner, you tend to "hang out" in forums that are unrelated to PC's, and then only go to PC and Windows forums when you actually need help. Hence most posts in PC forums are from people needing help.
    Mac users like to "hang out" in mac forums because it's a smaller niche group, almost like a club. But there are plenty of posts about mac problems if you go to the right forums.

    I've been posting my own issues over at another PC hardware forum, but they are mainly issues about overclocking. Overclockers are sort of in their own little club too-- how fast can you push your system and keep it stable? That kind of thing. The PC users that just "hang out" in forums are the ones that are really into case modding, overclocking, etc and want to show off their rigs.

    Agreed.

    Also keep in mind that there are millions of different components that can be used to build a PC. This logically increases of the odds of a user having issues - most of which can't be directly attributed to Windows but often are by misinformed, inexperienced users or staunch (and ignorant), anti-Microsoft activists.

    I wouldn't be crazy to say Apple has it a "little" easier - their OS operates on a closed platform with a user base millions of times smaller than Microsofts.

  7. #7
    The thing that is making me switch
    245_Trioxin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 21, 2005
    Location
    Kansas City, MO USA
    Posts
    26
    Specs:
    No specs yet
    Quote Originally Posted by chance
    Not to clog up your thread but I just had to say this.

    If you notice in the pc forums, it is full of nothing but problems people are experiencing with windows, hardware, and sofware. In here it seems like everyone is nice, and the majority of the things are just questions, not problems. That's really nice!! I want a laptop that gives my 0 problems that's easy to use. I don't want to spend an hour trying to figure out a complicated task and then worry about messing something up. I just want a computer that is strait forward and rock solid. And people wonder why people LOVE apple so much. This forum changed my mind about apple, but it was too late. I am stuck with 2 new laptops (not apple) and feeling very sad

    I wont make the same mistake again. I'm getting an Apple!!
    You're lame

  8. #8
    The thing that is making me switch
    jsb515's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 23, 2005
    Posts
    199
    what makes him lame ?

  9. #9
    jessica
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 245_Trioxin
    You're lame
    And you're a huge *******...without a cause.


    Seriously, most people are nice. There are some that are tards, but for the most part I've found many people to be very helpful and resourceful.

  10. #10
    The thing that is making me switch
    jsb515's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 23, 2005
    Posts
    199
    *puts on flame protection suit before posting* lets get back on topic

  11. #11
    The thing that is making me switch
    245_Trioxin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 21, 2005
    Location
    Kansas City, MO USA
    Posts
    26
    Specs:
    No specs yet
    Quote Originally Posted by jessica
    And you're a huge *******...without a cause.
    One word: YAWN

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Whats making this thing bog down
    By Girthy in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 09:08 PM
  2. Making a Good Thing Better
    By mac57 in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 06:25 PM
  3. making the switch
    By gibblet in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 10:27 PM
  4. I've done it, I'm making the switch.
    By starfox101 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 05:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •