Same copy of Windows over different vm trials?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 Glossy 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM 200GB HDD @ 7200rpm
Well I'm getting closer and closer to making the switch and my choice of vm has changed a little since newer options and updates have come along. I was leaning more towards vmware fusion but now think I would rather do the trial versions first but I'm not sure how that will work with windows and the serial key. I'm not too knowledgeable about moving copies of windows to and from "machines." Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black; 2.2 ghz core duo; 2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRam; 8x SuperDrive; 160 gb hdd
If you are trying to use Fusion to setup a Windows VM with the windows serial key it will work fine. Your key is valid for as many times as you need to use it, just as long as you don't go giving it away or selling the key, your fine for personal usage.

Maybe I'm missing what your asking?

OP
Hope for Chaos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 Glossy 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM 200GB HDD @ 7200rpm
No your response helps. I'm not too familiar with installing an os where there isn't one if that makes sense. I just know I've installed office '07 on more time than the license allowed and although it wasn't a big deal to get it off one of the pcs and on the other I don't want to have to do it a lot, but it seems like it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black; 2.2 ghz core duo; 2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRam; 8x SuperDrive; 160 gb hdd
Reaction score
have you considered boot camp. Its faster more reliable and personally I would rather partition then share between operating systems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.