Mac OS X version help

Reaction score
I have an iMac, that i am going to sell, that is still in the box. Is there a way of identifying what version the OS without removing it from the box?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
When did you buy this iMac? If it's anything after November 2007, then it has to be 10.5 Leopard.

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks for the help. I won it last month in a drawing but think they purchased it this year, so it must be 10.5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not sure what the box looks like, but if you see anywhere there is this space theme thing going on (dark, purple) then it is leopard. Also, if in the picture the monitor has a space theme instead of the blue one then it is Leopard.

No plans on using it yourself? Lucky you.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hmmm. the picture on the box shows a blue screen. so it must be an older version. Is there some way of telling with a part number or model number? the serial number has a 748 in it so that means it was made in the 48th week of 2007. So it should be a 10.5, I think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It could be 10.5. Cause the earlier boxes which had Tiger on them came with an upgrade disc slipped in. Also, is it the new iMac (Silver frame, glass screen) or the old one (White?)

OP
S
Reaction score
it looks like it has a silver frame, from what i can see on the picture on the box. Maybe it is better to just list it as Mac OS X and leave it at that. That way I can't be wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
It should be on the specs sheet on the box, probably on the top or side.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.