iTunes CD issue!

Reaction score
i am pretty new to iTunes, and one thing i find annoying is my Macbook Pro ejecting my CDs after multiple times of it 'loading'. it does this with some of my CDs, and the one i have tried was perfectly clean with no scratches or dirt or anything. i put it in my Macbook Pro, and after a few times of it loading, it just spit it back out again without any notification. this only happens with half of my CDs, the other half of my CDs load and play in my Macbook Pro without any hesitation. can anyone tell me why it is doing this?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
it may be the drive rather than any app (including itunes).

when my superdrive went on my macbook it read only data cds and data/movie dvds, no prerecorded audio cds.

are you still within either the normal warranty or applecare?

OP
rianm7
Reaction score
very odd...

well today i found something interesting.

the same CD that would not be recognized by the SuperDrive was recognized perfectly today..it seems that the SuperDrive will only read certain Audio CDs when it wants to. I do not have AppleCare but I am under my Apple One-Year Limited Warranty still.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.