Hummingbird HostExplorer for Mac OS?

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Need some help here. I currently have a PC. I use Cisco VPN Client to connect to my office Lan. I then use Internet Explorer to access email and so on. I also use a program by Hummingbird called HostExplorer 10 to connect to a system called ICMS which is basically my works Unix or AS/400. I was on the Hummingbird site and it doesn't look like they have a Mac version of this client. Are there any programs for Mac that would do the same thing, or would it be more than likely that my work requires the use of HostExplorer? Just wondering because I'm about to purchase a PowerBook but if I can't use this program then I'm going to get a PC. Thanks for your help.

N

neuromancer480

leemoreau said:
Hey everyone.

Need some help here. I currently have a PC. I use Cisco VPN Client to connect to my office Lan. I then use Internet Explorer to access email and so on. I also use a program by Hummingbird called HostExplorer 10 to connect to a system called ICMS which is basically my works Unix or AS/400. I was on the Hummingbird site and it doesn't look like they have a Mac version of this client. Are there any programs for Mac that would do the same thing, or would it be more than likely that my work requires the use of HostExplorer? Just wondering because I'm about to purchase a PowerBook but if I can't use this program then I'm going to get a PC. Thanks for your help.

I use somthing called Mocha MacX TN5250 to connect to a AS/400 at my work. You can download it from at http://www.mochasoft.dk/tn5250macx.htm.

There are other packages like Celview. (http://www.celview.com/products/productsas400.htm) It does more stuff but I find Mocha MacX TN5250 does what I need it to do.

i hope hat helps.

OP
E
Reaction score
Hi thanks for the help, it actually looks like I can only use the VPN on a PC. I downloaded the Cisco VPN client for Mac but it doesn't work. They require a working anti virus, which I do have, but also Zone something's Integrety agent which I can't seem to get for mac. When I try to connect to my VPN it says contacting the security gateway and then it just says not connected. I thought maybe I could get it working myself, but the help desk says only Windows is supported.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.