MacBook :S

Reaction score
Please help me ! My macbook is all good but once i went to open it everything was usual with a white desktop then there is a square with a question mark in it.. i dont know WHAT it is so PLEASE HELP MEEE PLEEASE!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Please help me ! My macbook is all good but once i went to open it everything was usual with a white desktop then there is a square with a question mark in it.. i dont know WHAT it is so PLEASE HELP MEEE PLEEASE!

Is it just that the wallpaper is missing or is the entire desktop gone?

OP
T
Reaction score
The entire desktop! Its all WHITE! And there is a square with a question mark!. Please help cwa107!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you tried doing a cold reset on it (I assume you aren't able to shut it down)? If not, it might be a good idea to unplug the power and remove the battery and restart it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
From what it seems Mac OS X isn't able to boot up. Boot from your OS X DVD (insert disc > press C while starting up) and then launch Disk Utility (Utilities > Disk Utility). From there try a disk check and see whether your hard drive is okay.

OP
T
Reaction score
I dont have my CD!. I was in a hurry so i took it to a place to fix it!.

OP
T
Reaction score
hey again!. my dad didnt take my macbook to fix so i got someone to bring me a CD!. im waitin for my macbook to come baaaaaack to life!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
So did you try the disk utility thing?

OP
T
Reaction score
i still didnt get the CD, and there is antoher problem! i put a wrong CD and dont know how to eject it! MAN COULD THIS GET ANY WORSE? Pleaaasee Goobimama HEEEELP!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When you turn the Macbook on, press and hold the trackpad button immediately after the screen turns gray. The CD should pop out.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OMG Thanx alot! Is there anything else i can do without the MAC OS X CD?

Well, it sounds like you have some form of corruption on the hard disk. Without a tool like Disk Utility (on your system disc) or DiskWarrior (about $99), you're kind of up the creek without a paddle.

Know anyone else locally who has a MacBook? Perhaps you could borrow their disc?

Do you happen to have Apple Care? I understand that comes with a disc with Tech Tool Pro.

OP
T
Reaction score
Ya I Can get a Disk But not 2day, i cant waaait!. B4 all this happened to my macbook it had SOME KIND OF TROUBLE Shutting down, it toook up to 4mins to shut down!. are u SUURE It would work doing the disk thing?

OP
T
Reaction score
if its somethin with the hard disk the CD thing wont work right? what will happen to my macbook if the hard disk is corropted?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if its somethin with the hard disk the CD thing wont work right? what will happen to my macbook if the hard disk is corropted?

Booting from the CD and running Disk Utility to repair the corruption will likely correct any inconsistencies on the disk if it's not a hardware failure. That doesn't mean that your computer will instantly be back to normal. If the corruption is very severe, it could mean you need to reinstall your OS or restore from backup (you do have a backup, don't you?).

If it has a bad hard drive (a common point of failure), you'll need to replace it. Either way, you won't know without your system disc.

OP
T
Reaction score
Ohh okay i get it now, i guess its okay cuz i dont have anything important in my macbook so IF its somethin with the hard disk it would be okay but next time i will have backup!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What kind of backup? i dont get it

A backup of your hard drive. Hard drives are a common point of failure in computers. So, people (individuals as well as large corporations) do regular backups so that they can easily restore a system and their data to functionality if there's a problem.

The latest version of Mac OS (Leopard) even includes an easy to use backup program called "Time Machine" that automates the backup process, if you have an external hard disk. In the event of a problem, you can easily fix your computer just by restoring the data from Time Machine.

If you have an older version of Mac OS X (like Tiger), you can use a program like SuperDuper! to clone your hard disk to an external backup.

If you're not in the habit of doing this, you really should look into it.

OP
T
Reaction score
What should I do?

Hi,
I Think The Admin Removed My Last Thread,anways, my problem with my macbook is that when it opens it displays a white desktop and a gray sqaure with a question mark inside, some of the good people in this forum told me to insert the MAC OS X CD, after i insert it what should i do?

M

MacHeadCase

No, the admin did not delete your previous thread.

It was moved to the appropriate forum, which is the OS X forum because it was believed your problem is software related, not hardware related and the redirect must have expired.

Next time you're looking for one of your threads or posts but can't find it, go to your member profile and click on Find all posts by taboolz. This will list all your posts by chronological order, starting with the most recent.

I will now merge this new thread of yours with the previous one since they are both on the same topic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.