Error Code (-42)

Reaction score
Running Tiger
Today I tried to install my Camino nightly, I double clicked and it opened, dragged it to my applications folder and got this
"Sorry, the operation could not be completed because an unexpected error occurred (Error code -42)" When I tried open Camino to search for the error, the icon turned to a question mark and wouldn't open. I then tried the same thing with my Webkit nightly, same deal and now that won't work. When I opened the console to see if anything was logged, it said "log file doesn't exist" Also when I looked in system log it said "log file is empty" I should mention, I deleted the logs last night instead of clearing. Any help with this will be a appreciated , thank you.

OP
jram
Reaction score
This document applies to Mac OS 9 and earlier.
Nothing is being written to console neither.

OP
jram
Reaction score
I deleted the com.apple.console.plist, still doesn't write anything to the console but at least i can install things. I might just do a archive and install to fix this if i can't find a fix
thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.