aMule kills my Internet connection!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Well, not exactly...it kills my Internet connection in that if I have aMule open long enough, my ability to use the Internet via my Linksys router eventually dies. At this point, I have to disconnect my DSL from my router, plug it directly into my MacBook, power down the router, access the modem's configuration via 192.168.0.1, and reset the modem that way, disconnect the DSL cable from the MacBook, plug the cable back into the router, restart the router, then everything's fine...but if I use aMule for more than, say, five minutes, it happens again.

And yes, I have to go through these steps. Simply powering the modem down for thirty seconds and restarting it doesn't work, unlike with other Internet troubleshooting I've done...

Any thoughts??? This never happened when I used eMule on my XP box (or with MLDonkey under Linux on the same machine using the same router)....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.