PC to Mac Wifi Connection

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Is it possible to link a pc and a mac together via wifi to transfer files and such? If not, what would be a good suggestion?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If both computers have 802.11n, then it would be fine. But if one or both have 802.11g, then don't bother as it will take forever to transfer anything.

Just create a wireless network with your Mac, connect to it from your PC, and you're set. I would still strongly suggest connecting them via Ethernet or using an external hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 2GB Ram 160GB hdd Anti-glare / hi-res screen 7200RPM hdd
My network is 802.11g and yes it does take a long time for big files but it sure beats burning the files to DVD or putting them on an external drive!

If I create a wireless network with my Mac, will it automatically show up under "My Network Places" on my PC?

OP
C
Reaction score
Alright, so i made a new wireless connection on my Mac and was able to join it on my PC. Now, how do I transfer files between them?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.