Can't delete 2 emails

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
I am so new to the Mac so bear with me on this problem. I received two emails from another iMac user with a zipped file for the program idefrag. Well anyway I was unable to install that app and so I deleted the files with appzapper. Okay no problem there, but when I try to delete those two emails that he sent with those files I am unable to. When I open those two emails they are now blank and I can't delete them. I tried dragging them to trash, no joy, tried putting them into drafts, won't go in there either. However when I try to drag those 2 emails to the desktop they won't go onto the desktop but I get a pop up message that says: ERROR "could not save to path~/desktop, please choose a different path". Any idea how to get rid of those two emails permannetly? I can delete other emails with no problem. I just don't see a solution for this that would be easy for me. Thanks for a reply.
20" alum iMac 2.4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 GHz intel c2d, 2gb ram, xp and os x.6
are you using Mail.app?

Reaction score
Try going into your account through web mail and deleting it there.
Also, you really should look into what iDefrag and AppZap do before running them! It is probably a good thing that iDefrag didn't install...

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
Thanks for the replies. I'm using the regular apple mail. I went into webmail and deleted everything in there although the two suspect emails were not listed in there. I knew this wasn't going to be easy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I would have first tried using the Rebuild item under the Mailbox menu.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 GHz intel c2d, 2gb ram, xp and os x.6
what webmail are you using? gmail? .Mac?

and are you using pop3 or IMAP?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.