Haven't seen many MBA threads. How are you liking your new MBA?

Reaction score
Hey:

I've checked this forum on a few occasions and I haven't seen much posted about the macbook air.

Since it's been out for about a month now, how do the new owners like their machine?

Any regrets, or are you just loving your new machine? :Smirk:

Anyone comtemplating the MBA versus the 15" MBP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
Really good. I posted a review (somewhere) about my experiences

No problems with it. (Then again, it's the ssd version)

Reaction score
Same here. Bought the 1.6 - 8gb version it to replace my 2.16ghz C2D Macbook Pro. No problems so far, besides its inability to play 1080p films. 720p works fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
Loads of people recon it's flimsy or 'it'll snap'. It is nt like that at all!

How is the HDD? Is it as slow as most reviews made out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Hey:

I've checked this forum on a few occasions and I haven't seen much posted about the macbook air.(sic)
I see about 30 threads or so with the prefix "MacBook Air". That works out to at least one per day since it came out. Many of them are review/opinion threads.

Besides, it is new and not everyone is clamoring to get one, so not many people have it yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you aren't seeing many threads, that's a sure sign that people are content with their purchase. Normally people come onto forums to complain when something doesn't work, only rarely you'll get people coming on forums to sing the praises of a product.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
I love it.My wife loves it and my daughter wants one so i have made an order to purchase her one as well.Solid construction and its by far not flimsy.

Reaction score
Loads of people recon it's flimsy or 'it'll snap'. It is nt like that at all!

How is the HDD? Is it as slow as most reviews made out?

Well, for my day to day tasks (internet - word - movies - photos) i haven't noticed any difference between this one and the MBP i used to own.

The only difference is that because the battery is small, if you plug in a potable drive it takes a much bigger toll on battery life than in the MBP.

But the extra portability for me is a MAJOR bonus. I cary it with me every day while commuting to work (along with my work laptop) and watch movies on it and it feels like I'm carrying a bunch of notes instead of a second laptop...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
HDD? Alright or not?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.