iPod mini won't resume from sleep

M

m1k

Hey guys,

I've had my mini for about 5 days and have been loving it since I got it. However, I had a very strange happening yesterday. I held down the pause/play button (to put the iPod mini into sleep mode) and then I engaged the hold switch. The battery was at full then. When I came back a few hours later, I pushed the hold switch back to its normal position, and then I pushed play/pause. Nothing happened. I tried pushing all the buttons, but the iPod mini wouldn't resume from its sleep.

I've installed the latest iPod mini driver (1.1), and I only have a little over 1GB of music.

Please help, do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

OP
C

ChicoWeb

m1k said:
Hey guys,

I've had my mini for about 5 days and have been loving it since I got it. However, I had a very strange happening yesterday. I held down the pause/play button (to put the iPod mini into sleep mode) and then I engaged the hold switch. The battery was at full then. When I came back a few hours later, I pushed the hold switch back to its normal position, and then I pushed play/pause. Nothing happened. I tried pushing all the buttons, but the iPod mini wouldn't resume from its sleep.

I've installed the latest iPod mini driver (1.1), and I only have a little over 1GB of music.

Please help, do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Probably lost its charge. Try plugging it in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
bounce it of the wall, sound like something stuck... hehe

OP
M

m1k

Probably lost its charge. Try plugging it in.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I finally reset it (menu+select on the mini) and there was plenty of battery left. I just reset it to factory condition and re-uploaded all of my songs to it, it hasn't frozen (yet).

Thanks anyways though.

Reaction score
Also, check to see if the "lock" slider was engaged or partially engaged and showing some orange.

OP
M

m1k

Also, check to see if the "lock" slider was engaged or partially engaged and showing some orange.

Nope, I slid it to and fro a few times until no orange was showing. Thanks anyways.

It hasn't frucked up since I re-imported the songs, so that's good :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Same issue with my girlfriends Mini,

the first few days she had it, the battery would always be empty, despite being switched off and on hold...

A reset cured it too...

OP
M

m1k

Well it frucked up once today, but it seems to be better. I've tried sleeping it and then waking it up, and it seems to be working.

Thanks, everybody!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.