Apple Base Station Reception

D

Daniel_Pagan

Hey guys, I finally fixed my internet connectivity issue, but now im having a wireless signal issue. This is a brand new Imac G5 and a brandnew airport base station. When the computer is on the same table as the base station the signal is 4 out of 5 bars, not even all the way. When I put it in the room its supose to be in (18 feet from the base station) it gets 1 bar or no bar. Half the time it does not work. I think im going to try and get an antenna for the base station, but does this sound rite? My friend has a linksys wireless router and he has his hooked up to 4 computers and they get full signal, and hes got his on different stories of his house. The walls in my house are just wood and sheetrock, nothing else then that, not sure why my signal is so week, even when its rite next to the machine.

I read in another post that their is no extra antenna for inside the computer on the apple extreme card, when i pluged it in during the initial install, it did look a bit small.... i mean i have seen the antennas on wireless PCI cards for pc's and it actually looks like they have antennas. The G5 just has this tiny little metal deal that plugs in to the extreme card, seems a bit week to me, any sugjestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I have an extreme card in my iBook and there is an external plug in for the antenna. In essence the metal chases of the iB acts as the antenna. Make sure the card is seated all the way and make sure the antenna connector is plugged all the way into the card. I initially had this same problem, with My G4 tower and it turned out the internal antenna cable was not pushed all the way in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.