HEEELP!!! please, troubleshooting

Reaction score
I have aproblem with my macbook, i hope somebodie can help me.... the other day i was using my computer when it freezed without any reason, the keyboard wasnt working and after waiting some time i just pressed the on/off key until it turned off.... i turned it on again and it just stayed in hte white screen with the mac logo and the spinning, after waiting some time i turned it off again..,.. i started it up using command + S (start up in single-user mode) and it looks like everything is but in the end it says:

If you want to make modifications to files:
/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbn/mount -uw /

If you wish to boot the system:
exit

when i type /sbn/fsck -fy
it says:

**/dev/rdisk0s2
**Root file system
**checking NON-journaled HFS Plus volume
**Checking Extents Overflow file
**Checking Catalog file.
incorrect block count for file system.log
(it should be 2433 instead of 2135)
incorrect block count for file SystemEntropyCache
(it should be 1 instead of 0)
invalid index key
(4,35485)
**rebuilding catalog b-tree.
**the volume machintosh HD could not be repaired.
/dev/rdisk0s2 (hfs) EXITED WITH SIGNAL 8

f i try to turn it on the regular way (no single-user mode) it just stays in the white window with the mac logo and the spinning wheeel for a while and then it just turns off by it self

please help me i dont now what to do, if u need more info just tell me...thx

Reaction score
You have serious directory problems with the hard drive. The fact that it can't be repaired in Single User mode means you need stronger medicine like Disk Warrior.
However, for the money I would get an external hard drive, boot with your System CD and install the operating system on the external drive. Use the Migration Assistant to pull everything over from the internal drive. Make sure everything transfers correctly, then use Disk Utility to reformat the internal.
After all that, use Disk Utility --> Restore to move everything back to your now healthy internal drive.
You need a back up any way, right?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Would still use DiskWarrior 4.1 and ensure the HDD is in good condition. You might like to start from the install DVD and run Repair Disk from there and see if Disk Utility can do the job first.

OP
S
Reaction score
thx for the help im going to try doing that.... if i have any trouble ill tell you....

thx

OP
S
Reaction score
ooo and one more thing
i dont know if this help or tells you anything but i start my computer in verbose mode and this is what came up (the picture its in the attachments)...

it stayed there for like a minute and then this appeared:

CSRHIDTransitionDriver... done
syncing disks... killing all process

continuing
done
CPU halted

that appears very fast and then turns off so i had to take video to see what was it... there is one line more but i couldnt see what it says

thx

DSC076733.JPG

Reaction score
Looking at the photo, I can tell exactly the problem: finger prints on the screen.
;D
Actually, the USB error is interesting, do you have anything interesting on your USB bus?

Reaction score
Does seem odd that it is coughing up a USB error, but I would go with either plan A or B: Disk Warrior or an external drive.

OP
S
Reaction score
well, i dont have the diskwarrior so ill go with the external drive plan....thx..

OP
S
Reaction score
just one more question:
anyone got any idea of why this happen to my computer??
how can i avoid it??
thx again...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.