How to manage ipod via itunes?

Reaction score
I have a 60 GB iPod Video
I have 140 GB of music in iTunes.

I've always managed my iPod manually but I just got started w/ last.fm and for it to work w/ my iPod, the manual option needs to be checked off.

I'm cool w/ erasing my iPod and filling it up again, but what's the best way to do this?

Highlight all songs, uncheck them, and then check the ones I want on the iPod?

Also, when I add new tracks to iTunes, they come on checked, this means they'd automatically goto iPod w/ manual checked off, right? how do i upload stuff so it comes in unchecked?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I have a 60 GB iPod Video
I have 140 GB of music in iTunes.

I've always managed my iPod manually but I just got started w/ last.fm and for it to work w/ my iPod, the manual option needs to be checked off.

I'm cool w/ erasing my iPod and filling it up again, but what's the best way to do this?

Highlight all songs, uncheck them, and then check the ones I want on the iPod?

Also, when I add new tracks to iTunes, they come on checked, this means they'd automatically goto iPod w/ manual checked off, right? how do i upload stuff so it comes in unchecked?

thanks

I think you can do this without switching to manual....maybe wrong
Create a playlist.
In the Music tab you'll see when your ipod is connected choose to sync only with that playlist.

Your ipod will now sync with just that playlist. Add/remove tracks to that playlist at will. No ticking or unticking of tracks, no new import problems.

HTH
mrplow

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.