Can't connect to FTP sites

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I used to be able to connect to FTP sites easily. I've used Cyberduck and Transmit without problem.

However, I recently installed Little Snitch 2 to try it (found it too obtrusive) and uninstalled it as per the instructions on the website.

Since then I've been unable to connect to FTP sites in OS X.

I've got a work around at the moment by using FileZilla under Windows in Parallels but I'd like to get the OS X side sorted out.

Are there any particular security settings that I need to tweak to get ftp working? Perhaps something Little Snitch closed and didn't re-open when uninstalled.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks
mrplow

Reaction score
I'm not really sure if this will fix the problem, but I kinda did the same thing, tried to uninstall Little Snitch using the uninstaller. I remember it didn't get rid of all Little Snitch files. I would do a spotlight search and check if there are any lingering behind.

This could have no effect at all, but it's worth a try.

OP
mrplow
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
thanks for the idea but no sign of any little snitch files.

Anyone with any other ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.